M325D MH/M325D LMH Material Handler
The M325D MH and M325D LMH use the most sophisticated manufacturing technology to ensure the highest level of manufacturing quality. Excellent control, impressive lift capacity, and more comfortable operator station increase your productivity and lower your operating costs.
|Engine Model||CAT® C7 ACERT™|
|ISO 9249||190 hp (140 kW)|
|Displacement||439 in3 (7.2 L)|
|EEC 80/1269||204 hp (152 kW)|
|Operating Weight||35261 kg (77737 lb)|
|Upper||19290 lb (8750 kg)|
|Counterweight||12787 lb (5800 kg)|
|Undercarriage||24436 lb (11084 kg)|
|Drawbar Pull||35677.17 lb (158.7 kN)|
|Max. Travel Speed||12 mph (20 km/h)|
|Max. Travel Speed||11 mph (18 km/h)|
|Hyd Cab Riser Height||19.66 ft (5992 mm)|
|Max Reach - 19' 8" Stick||47 ft (14326 mm)|
|Max Reach - 24' 4" Stick||51.3 ft (15650 mm)|
|Max reach||51.3 ft (15650 mm)|
|High Range Max. Travel Speed||12.43 mph (20 km/h)|
|Max. Drawbar Pull||35677 lb (158.7 kN)|
|Normal||5076 psi (35000 kPa)|
|Travel Circuit||5076.32 psi (35000 kPa)|
|Swing Mechanism||3988.54 psi (27500 kPa)|
|Swing Torque||60628 lb ft (82.2 kN·m)|
|Swing Speed||10.2 RPM (10.2 RPM)|
|Cooling System||7.93 gal (30 L)|
|Engine Crankcase with Filter||8.98 gal (34 L)|
|Final Drive (each)||0.66 gal (2.5 L)|
|Hydraulic System (including tank)||81.9 gal (310 L)|
|Fuel Tank||137 gal (520 L)|
|Shipping Height - Cab Tipped||15.6 ft (4750 mm)|
|Shipping Width||9.81 ft (2990 mm)|
|Width - Outriggers Down||15.96 ft (4864 mm)|
|Shipping Length||40.05 ft (12208 mm)|
|Tail Swing Radius||10.1 ft (3080 mm)|
|Ground Clearance||0.81 ft (248 mm)|
|Counterweight Clearance||4.79 ft (1461 mm)|
|Wheel Base||9.84 ft (3000 mm)|
|Undercarriage Width||10.6 ft (3235 mm)|
|Ground Clearance||9.76 in (248 mm)|
|Outside of Tire||9678.45 ft (2950 m)|
The Cat® C7 with ACERT™ Technology offers more engine power and runs at lower speeds for better fuel economy and reduced wear.
Automatic Engine Speed Control
The two-stage, one-touch control maximizes fuel efficiency and reduces sound levels.
ADEM™ A4 (Advanced Diesel Engine Management) controller uses sensors throughout the engine to manage engine load and performance. The ADEM™ A4 controller is the muscle behind engine responsiveness, self-diagnostics, controlling emissions, and fuel economy.
The Cat® C7 ACERT™ engine features electronic controls that govern the mechanically actuated unit fuel injection (MEUI) system. Multiple injection fuel delivery involves a high degree of precision. Precisely shaping the combustion cycles lowers combustion chamber temperatures, generating fewer emissions and optimizing fuel combustion. This translates into more work output for your fuel cost.
To reduce fan noise, the cooling fan is driven from a viscous clutch that is electrically controlled by the machine ECM. It calculates optimum fan speed based on the target engine speed, coolant temperature, hydraulic oil temperature and actual fan speed. The Cat® C7 ACERT™ engine delivers a completely new layout that separates the cooling system from the engine compartment.
The radial seal air filter features a double-layered filter core for more efficient filtration and is located in a compartment behind the cab. A warning is displayed on the monitor when dust accumulates above a preset level.
To maximize visibility, all glass is affixed directly to the cab eliminating the use of window frames. 50/50 split front windshield allows both upper and lower portions to be stored in the overhead position with a one-touch action release system. Parallelogram wiper covers almost the complete front window without leaving unwiped areas in the immediate line of sight of the operator.
2.6 m (8'6") Hydraulic Cab Riser (HCR)
The M325D MH and M325DL MH are equipped with a new hydraulic cab riser, which offers increased visibility and comfort with additional cab height. Providing more flexibility, the HCR allows you to operate at any height between the lowest and highest positions.
The compact, full-color, graphical display monitor displays machine, maintenance, diagnostic and prognostic information, in twenty different languages. Monitor angle can be adjusted to minimize sun glare.
Redesigned consoles feature a simple, functional design to reduce operator fatigue, ease of switch operations and excellent visibility. Both consoles have attached armrests and allow the height of armrests to be adjusted.
Easy to handle joysticks with integrated push buttons and sliding switches control all implement and swing functions. The sliding switches provide modulated control for grapple rotation and hydraulic cab riser activation. They are designed to increase operator comfort and reduce operator fatigue.
Hydraulic Actuation Control Lever
For added safety, this lever must be in the operate position to activate the machine controls functions.
The seat provides a variety of adjustments to suit operator's size and weight. Wide adjustable armrests and a retractable seat belt are also included. An air suspension seat with headrest is provided in the M325D MH and M325 D LMH.
Purpose Designed Upperframe and Counterweight
The upperframe is specifically designed for the scrap and material handling markets. It is built of heavier strength material and thicker steel sections to handle the increased swing loads developed with the longer front parts, heavier counterweights, and cab risers used in material handling.
Strong and Stable Undercarriage
The M325D MH and M325DL MH wheeled undercarriages provide maximum rigidity and long service life.
Material Handling Front
The two front options meet your material handling needs with excellent lift performance and working range whether operating in close or at full reach. Built for strong performance and long service life.
Efficient Design of Welded Box-Section Sections
The design with thick, multi-plate fabrications in high stress areas allows structures to flex, dissipating stresses, and maximizing strength.
Stress Relieving of Booms and Sticks
Maximizes strength and minimizes structure weight for greater durability.
The M325D MH and M325D LMH hydraulic system is designed to handle the specific requirements of the material handling industry.
The Walker Liftmaster 1.22 m (48") Lift Master magnets can be used with the M325D MH or M325D LMH. The Walker Liftmaster 1.45 m (57") can be used with the M325D LMH with the 15.65 m (51'3") front or M325D MH with 14.3 m (47'0") front. The Walker Liftmaster Walker 1.68 m (66") is available for use with the M325D LMH with the 14.3 m (47'0") front. These magnets have been designed and engineered for scrap processing applications. Ask your dealer salesperson for information on the Walker Magnet.
Work Tool Selection
When choosing a work tool, please consider the work tool application, the variation of the density of the material to be handled and productivity requirements. Check with your Cat® dealer for more details on specifications, sizes, and other work tool types.
Orange Peel Grapples
The 0.57 m3 (0.75 yd3), 0.76 m3 (1.00 yd3), and the 0.96 m3 (1.25 yd3) Orange Peel Grapples are available attachments.
Your Cat® Dealer offers a wide range of services that can be set up under a customer support agreement when you purchase your equipment. To help you get the best return on your investment, the dealer will help you choose a plan that can cover everything from machine and attachment selection to replacement.
Make detailed comparisons of the machines you are considering before you purchase. What are the job requirements? What production is needed? What is the cost of lost production? Your Cat Dealer can help you find precise answers to these questions.
Look past the initial purchase price of the machine. Consider the financing options available as well as day-to-day operating costs. This is also the time to look at dealer services that can be included in the cost of the machine to yield lower equipment owning and operating costs over the long run.
What is the cost of preventative maintenance? More and more equipment buyers are planning for effective maintenance before buying equipment. Choose from your dealer's wide range of maintenance services at the time you purchase your machine. Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Diagnostic programs such as SOSSM and Technical Analysis help you to avoid unscheduled repairs.
Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your Cat Dealer can help you evaluate the costs involved so you can make the right choice.
You will find nearly all parts at our dealer parts counter. Cat Dealers utilize a worldwide computer network to find in-stock parts to minimize machine downtime. You can also save money with remanufactured components.
CAT® C7 Engine with ACERT™ Technology
ACERT™ Technology works at the point of combustion to optimize engine performance and provide low exhaust emissions to meet U.S. EPA Tier 3 emission regulations, with exceptional performance capabilities, fuel efficiency and proven reliability.
The new cab, equipped with a 2.6 m (8'6") hydraulic cab riser provide improved visibility and comfort. The new monitor is a full-color graphical display with enhanced functionality to provide a simple, comprehensive machine interface.
Caterpillar's design and manufacturing techniques deliver outstanding durability and service life. Booms and sticks, made up of welded box-section structures, are fabricated with thicker plates to withstand high stresses.
The hydraulics system provides efficient performance, unmatched in the industry, designed to provide reliability and outstanding controllability with increased lifting capacity. The Heavy Lift Mode maximizes lifting performance while maintaining excellent stability.
Work Tools - Attachments
Orange Peel Grapples and magnets are offered to maximize performance of the M325D MH and M325D LMH.
Complete Customer Service
Your Cat® dealer offers a wide range of services that can be set up under a customer support agreement when you purchase your equipment.
- 65 Ampere alternator
- Light, genset box mounted
- Lights, cab mounted (one)
- Warning horn (front)
- Heavy Duty Batteries
- AM-FM Radio
- 12V-7A power supply for radio and multipurpose socket
- Ashtray with lighter
- Beverage Holder
- Interior Lighting
- Coat Hook
- Suspension seat with headrest
- Wiring provision for electrical seat heating
- Floor Mat
- Positive filtered ventilation (pressurized cab)
- Instrumental panel and gauges
- Parking Brake
- FOGS Guard
- Sliding door window
- Polycarbonate skylight
- Sun shade for skylight and front windshield
- Windshield wiper (parallel type) and washers
- Alternate exit: hammer to break rear window glass
- Automatic climate control with bi-level air conditioner, heater, and defroster
- Tiltable steering column
- Travel control pedals
- Tiltable steering column
- Storage compartment with cover suitable for lunch box
- Neutral lever lockout for all controls
- Adjustable pilot operated joystick type (wrist lever) controls each with 3 on/off buttons and 1 slider
- Monitor -Full graphic and color display with language capability -Warning information, filter and fluid change information -Working hour information -Machine condition, error code, and tool mode setting information -Start up level check for hydraulic oil, engine oil, and engine coolant
- Heavy lift mode selection
- Cat C7 with ACERT™ Technology, 24-volt electric starting and air intake heater
- Tier 3 emissions package
- Radial seal air filters (330 mm/13") with double element, integrated cyclonic feature
- Caterpillar® extended life coolant
- Automatic engine speed control with push button return to idle
- Water separator in fuel line
- Fuel economy mode
- Creeper Speed
- Exclusive 3 position transmission braking control
- Four wheel hydrostatic drive with on-the-go shifting
- Four independent or simultaneously controlled hydraulic stabilizers with single axis float pad
- Fully hydraulic braking system
- Hydraulic maximum speed limiter
- Internal oil disk brakes
- Lockable oscillating axle
- Toolbox, left hand
- Two wheel steer
- Two Speed Hydrostatic Transmission
- Wide steps on both sides
- High pressure grapple open-close hydraulic circuit
- Hydraulic and electric circuits for:
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Automatic swing parking brake
- Cold weather starting aids
- Cat 2.6 m (8'5") Hydraulically Adjustable Cab Riser
- Counterweight for material handling
- Heavy duty upper frame with bottom guards
- Travel Alarm
- Boom and stick regeneration circuit
- Separate hydraulic filter with re-useable metal tube for the filter element-no drop oil filter
- Automatic Swing Parking Brake
- Fine swing control
- Doors and cab lock with Caterpillar One Key Security System
- Fire wall between pump compartment and engine
- Overheat prevention system
- Mirrors(frame right, cab-left)
STICKS - One of two stick options must be chosen
- Stick, 6 m (19'7") Material Handling for 14.3 m (47'0") front Stick, 7.42 m (24'3") Material Handling for 15.65 m (51'3") front
- 1.22 m (48") Liftmaster Magnet for 15.65 m (51'3") front on M325D MH or M325D LMH
- 1.45 m (57") Liftmaster Magnet for 15.65 m (51'3") front on M325D LMH or 14.3 m (47'0") front on M325D MH
- 1.68 m (66") Liftmaster Magnet for14.3 m (47'0") front on M325D LMH only
- 0.57 m3 (0.75 yd3) for use with the 15.65 m (51'3") front on M325D MH 0.76 m3 (1.00 yd3) for use with 15.65 m (51'3") on M325D MH LMH 0.96 m3 (1.25 yd3) for use with the 14.3 m (47'0") front on M325D LMH or M325D MH