Now Hiring, Spokane, Wa
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vison insurance
- FSA and HSA
- 401k w/company match
- Profit sharing
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Educational reimbursements, tool loans, safety boot program
- Performs work based on the schedule for Railroad type rental agreements, which includes future and current rental needs, work order status, preventative maintenance schedules, and annual machine inspection schedules.
- Assists with customized operational setups for specialized equipment such as Hy-Rail machines and attachments.
- Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine failures and perform repairs. Performs repairs in field, shop, or at customer locations which can include overtime. Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
- Completes check in and check out process for Railroad rental equipment
- Ensures that all Railroad equipment is sent out with mandatory safety requirements. All equipment must meet FRA safety guideline before it is shipped.
- Washes equipment, cleans cabs, and completes Railroad specific “green tag” on all rental equipment.
- Assists with monitoring oil samples and trends to schedule maintenance and repairs.
- Communicates schedule of repairs with Railroad Coordinator and Sales Rep.
- Analyzes failures and implements safe guards to prevent premature failures.
- Keeps accurate inventory of all equipment and attachments and stores them in a neat and orderly manner.
- Promotes and manages all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Promotes and manages safety at Western States. Ensures employees, vendors, and customers have a safe work environment. Adheres to and manages all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Communicate with customers on concerns of machine functions and follow through to resolution
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert-level specialization in machine systems, such as but not limited to electrical, hydraulic, A/C, power train, etc.
- Skilled in reading electrical and hydraulic schematics for CAT and other manufactures.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Able to set and manage priorities.
- Consistent attendance.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Associated degree from an accredited vocational school preferred.
- Two years of experience working on heavy equipment in a Caterpillar environment with hydraulic, engine and power-train experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: (These are REQUIRED physical attributes that all candidates within this position must possess. All candidates must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.)
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
- Able to lift up to XX (the number already in the job description) lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities