815K Soil Compactor
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1: configured for two emissions options|
|Net Power||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Bore||4.1 in (105 mm)|
|Stroke||5.3 in (135 mm)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1: configured for two emissions options|
|Net Power||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Bore||4.1 in (105 mm)|
|Stroke||5.3 in (135 mm)|
|Displacement||427.8 in³ (7.01 l)|
|Drum Width||3.25 ft (991 mm)|
|Drum Diameter||3.38 ft (1029 mm)|
|Outside Diameter||4.63 ft (1412 mm)|
|Tips per Wheel||60|
|Front||Planetary – Fixed|
|Rear||Planetary – Oscillating|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||0.73 ft (222 mm)|
|Maximum Lift Above Ground||2.63 ft (802 mm)|
|Total Tilt Adjustment||2.14 ft (651 mm)|
|Width - Over End Bits||12.34 ft (3761 mm)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||17.2 gal (US) (65 l)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Second||7.5 mile/h (12 km/h)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||71 dB(A) (71 dB(A))|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right - Hydraulic||4,8°|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||70 dB(A) (70 dB(A))|
|Length - With Blade on Ground||23.48 ft (7157 mm)|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||49353 lb (22386 kg)|
|Stroke||23.5 in (597 mm)|
|Torque Rise - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||52%|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995 - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||286 HP (213 kW)|
|Low Idle Speed||800 r/min (800 r/min)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 4/Stage IV||109 dB(A) (109 dB(A))|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396 - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||275 HP (205 kW)|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995 - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||284 HP (212 kW)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,400 rpm - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||899 lb/ft (1219 N·m)|
|Width - Moldboard Length||11.98 ft (3652 mm)|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||2930 psi (20200 kPa)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||112 dB(A) (112 dB(A))|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left - Hydraulic||5,5°|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating||9842.52 ft (3000 m)|
|Transmission Type||Planetengetriebe – Lastschaltgetriebe – ECPC (Electronic Clutch Pressure Control, Elektronische Kupplungsdrucksteuerung)|
|Engine Crankcase||5.3 gal (US) (20 l)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 4/Stage IV||111 dB(A) (111 dB(A))|
|Hitch to Centerline of Front Axle||5.5 ft (1675 mm)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Third||15 mile/h (24.2 km/h)|
|Torque Rise - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||26%|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - First||4.2 mile/h (6.7 km/h)|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston – Variable Displacement|
|Height - Including Cutting Edge||2.82 ft (860 mm)|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249) - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Steering System - Circuit||Closed Center Load Sensing|
|Oscillation Angle||±10 درجة|
|Lift Cylinder, Double Acting - Bore and Stroke||101.6 mm × 627 mm (4 in × 24.7 in)|
|Blade Tilt Adjustment - Right||1 ft (305 mm)|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - First||4.8 mile/h (7.7 km/h)|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)||48740 lb (22108 kg)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Second||8.5 mile/h (13.7 km/h)|
|High Idle Speed||2270 r/min (2270 r/min)|
|Blade Tilt Adjustment - Left||1.14 ft (346 mm)|
|Height - Top of Beacon||12.95 ft (3946 mm)|
|Turning Radius - Inside of Push Arms||8.27 ft (2520 mm)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||4003 psi (27600 kPa)|
|Maximum System Flow||147 L/min @ 2,111 rpm (38.8 gal/min @ 2,111 rpm)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Third||13.2 mile/h (21.2 km/h)|
|Operating Weight||49353 lb (22386 kg)|
|Ground Clearance||1.23 ft (375 mm)|
|Pump Flow at 2,111 rpm||23.5 gal/min (89 l/min)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,400 rpm - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||749 lb/ft (1016 N·m)|
|Rated Power (SAE J1349) - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||249 HP (186 kW)|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||84 degrees|
|Tilt Cylinder, Double Acting - Bore and Stroke||101.6 mm × 167 mm (4 in × 6.6 in)|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||19.8 gal (US) (75 l)|
|Ground Clearance - Bumper||2.18 ft (665 mm)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||17.2 gal (US) (65 l)|
|Height - Top of Hood||8.42 ft (2566 mm)|
|Main Relief Pressure||3190 psi (22000 kPa)|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Bumper||6.53 ft (1990 mm)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||110 dB(A) (110 dB(A))|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249) - Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent||249 HP (186 kW)|
|Weight||9720 lb (4409 kg)|
|Transmission||14.8 gal (US) (56 l)|
|Width - Over Wheels||10.64 ft (3243 mm)|
|Cooling System - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||19.3 gal (US) (73 l)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Only)||4.2 gal (US) (16 l)|
|Width - Over Drums||10.64 ft (3243 mm)|
|Emissions||Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards or meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards|
|Height - Top of Cab Roof||11.98 ft (3650 mm)|
|Bore||4 in (101.6 mm)|
|Fuel Tank||132.1 gal (US) (500 l)|
|Rated Power (SAE J1349) - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Wheel Base||10.99 ft (3350 mm)|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||10.97 ft (3344 mm)|
|Cooling System - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||21.4 gal (US) (81 l)|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396 - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||274 HP (204 kW)|
|Note||All non-road Tier 4 Final and Stage IV diesel engines are required to use: – Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels containing 15 ppm for EPA and 10 ppm for EU (mg/kg) sulfur or less. Biodiesel blends up to B20 are acceptable when blended with 15 ppm for EPA and 10 ppm for EU (mg/kg) sulfur or less ULSD and when the biodiesel feedstock meets ASTM D7467 specifications. – Cat DEO-ULS™ or oils that meet the Cat ECF-3, API CJ-4, and ACEA E9 specifications are required. – Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) that meets all requirements defined in ISO 22241-1.|
Benefits and Features
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS) delivers improved transmission shifting performance and a higher level of comfort for operators.
- Decelerator Pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. Allows the operator to slow speeds when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button.
- Electro Hydraulic Controls increase productivity with responsive implements feature. Operate comfortably with easy-to-use soft-detent controls.
- Steering System provides confident machine operation and precise control enabled by the 815K's load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increased efficiency with variable displacement piston pumps that give operators precise positioning for easy maneuvering in tight areas with 42 degree articulation in each direction.
- Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™) enhances operator comfort by integrating steering and transmission control functions in a single lever. Includes finger-controlled gear selection.
- Designed and made with purpose-built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
- Long-life-designs ensure multiple life cycles and ability to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering-cylinder mounts efficiently conduct steering loads into the frame.
- Deep system integration of new engine and emissions system, power train, hydraulic system and cooling system. It all adds up to lower fuel consumption and improved emissions control.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS) delivers consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Strategic use of metallurgy and heat treating ensures long-life gears.
- Cat C7.1 engine Is designed for maximum fuel economy and increased power density.
- Two engine options are available to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emissions standards (depending upon market).
- Engine features innovative Cat electronics, fuel injection process, air-management systems and aftertreatment with Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction. And, automated aftertreatment regeneration eliminates need for operator attention.
- Integrated systems intelligently lower working engine speeds and reduce overall system heat loads resulting in improved performance and fuel efficiency.
- Next generation fuel injection systems control fuel metering through a series of carefully timed microbursts providing cleaner combustion and the most efficient fuel burn.
- Chevron Tamping Tip Design provides greater ground pressure, more compaction, excellent traction and a smooth ride.
- Compaction is achieved from the bottom of the lift to the top. The tapered tips walk out of the lift without “fluffing” the soil. The top of the lift is compacted and the surface is relatively smooth and sealed so hauling units are able to maintain a high speed when traveling over the fill.
- The 815K travel speed delivers four forces of compaction: pressure, manipulation, impact and vibration.
- This compactor also spreads fill, potentially reducing the number of spreader tractors needed for the project.
- Symmetrical Tamping Tip Pattern delivers equal compaction in forward or reverse. Tips are full perimeter and replaceable.
- Two cleaner bars on each wheel keep drums free of carryover dirt, in forward and reverse, maximizing efficiency. Cleaner bars are available with standard or abrasive tips depending upon the application. Bars are adjustable and bar tips are heat-treated and direct-hardened cutting-edge steel to increase life.
- Pressurized cab sits on isolation mounts improving comfort and reducing sound.
- Cab features a convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
- Cat Comfort Series III Seat includes mid-back design, thick, contoured cushions, air suspension, six-way adjustments, and a seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat for optimal control.
- Control Panel gives operators the information and controls for safer and time-saving settings.
- STIC control simplicity provides maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Cat Compaction Control system uses Machine Drive Power (MDP) technology to measure rolling resistance and correlates it with soil stiffness. MDP works in both cohesive or granular soils. Optional 3D mapping system maps compaction measurements to the precise location the operator is working, providing a real-time view of progress, and a record of compaction uniformity.
- DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by keeping operator aware of the work area and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
- COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, and with fewer passes.
- Cat Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface. Helps effectively manage fleet and lower operating costs.
- Railings, ladders and non-slip surfaces enhance technician and operator safety.
- Design ensures three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab-mounted LED warning strobes.
- Optional heated mirrors ensure enhanced visibility for safe operation.
- Optional LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with maintenance-free batteries.
- High speed oil change ensures fast, easy, and secure changing of the engine oil.
- The 815K is built to be rebuilt, maximizing machine life, and minimizing environmental impact. Get the most from your investment, with our sustainable options including Cat Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. With these programs, remanufactured components deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, lowering operating costs while also reducing waste and minimizing the need for raw materials.
- Safe and convenient service via ground level or platform access to daily service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of engine compartment provide easy access to daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so operators and technicians can resolve problems before failure.
- Sight gauges mean quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination.
- Hydraulic oil cooler, air conditioner condenser, and fuel cooler are grouped for easy access.
- Side access doors allow convenient cleanout of cooling package.
- New ground level service area includes a Master Disconnect Switch with integrated lock-out/tag-out, DEF purge lamp (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV machines only), circuit breakers, emergency fuel shutoff switch and the jump start receptacle.
- Centralized grease points speed maintenance.
- Cat dealers keep you running with preventive maintenance programs, maintenance contracts, best-in-class parts availability and operator training support.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS)
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C7.1 (configured for two emissions options): – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Engine driven cooling fan – suction
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent only)
- Radiator, unit core
- Starting aid (ether)
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter
- Transmission, planetary, with 3F/3R speed range control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free
- Electrical system, 24V
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Lights, directional (rear)
- Light, warning switched (LED strobe)
- Lighting system, (front and rear)
- Starter, electric
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Cab door, sliding window (LH)
- Cat Compaction Control (ready)
- Cat Detect: Object Detection (ready)
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Hydraulic controls – seat mounted
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles – Event indicator light on rear grill
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear): – Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Wheels, tamping foot
- Cleaner bars with teeth
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Guard, driveshaft
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- DEF tank fill gauge
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Emergency platform egress
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, 500 L (132.1 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Steering, load sensing
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Hydraulics: – Standard or EU and Canada
- Glass (window): – Standard bonded or rubber-mounted glass
- Precleaner – cab: – Standard or powered
- Seat – cab: – Standard or heated and ventilated
- Mirrors – cab: – Standard or heated
- Axles: – Standard or non-spin rear
- Engine Precleaners: – Turbine or dual stage
- Lights: – Standard or LED
- Fuel tank: – Non-fast or fast fill
- Product Link: – GSM, satellite
- Cleaner bars: – Standard or abrasive
- Blades: – Straight or tilt-straight
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Radio, CB (ready)
- Compaction control, basic
- Sound suppression (required for Brazil)
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent only)