816K Landfill Compactor
|Operating Weight||56899 lb (25809 kg)|
|Gross Power||284 HP (212 kW)|
|Net Power||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1: configured for two emissions options|
|Operating Weight||56899 lb (25809 kg)|
|Gross Power||284 HP (212 kW)|
|Net Power||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1: configured for two emissions options|
|Torque Rise||52 % (52 %)|
|Bore||4.1 in (105 mm)|
|Stroke||5.3 in (135 mm)|
|Displacement||427.8 in³ (7.01 l)|
|Front||Planetary – Fixed|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||11.5 ft (3497 mm)|
|Height - Top of Hood||8.9 ft (2720 mm)|
|Ground Clearance - Bumper||2.7 ft (818 mm)|
|Hitch to Centerline of Front Axle||5.5 ft (1675 mm)|
|Wheel Base||11 ft (3350 mm)|
|Width - Over Wheels||131.4 ft (3338 mm)|
|Plus Tips - Tips per Row||5|
|Combo Wheels - Replaceable||Welded|
|Width - Moldboard Length||11.75 ft (3580 mm)|
|Stroke||23.5 in (597 mm)|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston – Variable Displacement|
|Plus Tips - Drum Width||40 in (1016 mm)|
|Plus Tips - Outside Diameter||67.6 in (1717 mm)|
|Paddle Tips - Outside Diameter||67.6 in (1717 mm)|
|Paddle Tips - Width over Drums||131.4 in (3338 mm)|
|Paddle Tips - Drum Diameter||55.1 in (1400 mm)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,400 rpm - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||749 lb/ft (1016 N·m)|
|Steering System - Circuit||Closed Center Load Sensing|
|Maximum System Flow||147 L/min @ 2,111 rpm (38.8 gal/min @ 2,111 rpm)|
|Paddle Tips - Tip Height||6.25 in (159 mm)|
|Combo Wheels - Weight (Group)||13554 lb (6148 kg)|
|Plus Tips - Drum Diameter||55.1 in (1400 mm)|
|Height - Including Cutting Edge and Screen||6.4 ft (1961 mm)|
|Combo Wheels - Outside Diameter||67.6 in (1717 mm)|
|Combo Wheels - Drum Width||40 in (1016 mm)|
|Paddle Tips - Replaceable||Welded|
|Combo Wheels - Tips per Row||5|
|Combo Wheels - Width over Drums||131.4 in (3338 mm)|
|Cooling System - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||19.3 gal (US) (73 l)|
|Plus Tips - Tips per Wheel||20|
|Paddle Tips - Tips per Wheel||20|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||1.2 ft (362 mm)|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396 - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||275 HP (205 kW)|
|Plus Tips - Weight (Group)||13982 lb (6342 kg)|
|Combo Wheels - Tip Height||6.25 in (159 mm)|
|Width - Over End Bits||12 ft (3656 mm)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||109 dB(A) (109 dB(A))|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||110 dB(A) (110 dB(A))|
|Plus Tips - Tip Height||6.25 in (159 mm)|
|Plus Tips - Width over Drums||131.4 in (3338 mm)|
|Paddle Tips - Drum Width||40 in (1016 mm)|
|Combo Wheels - Drum Diameter||55.1 in (1400 mm)|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating||9842.52 ft (3000 m)|
|Plus Tips - Replaceable||Welded|
|Combo Wheels - Tips per Wheel||20|
|Paddle Tips - Tips per Row||5|
|Paddle Tips - Weight (Group)||13126 lb (5954 kg)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||4003 psi (27600 kPa)|
|Maximum Lift Above Ground||3.7 ft (1140 mm)|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||84 ° (84 °)|
|Height - Cab Roof||12.7 ft (3878 mm)|
|Bore||4 in (101.6 mm)|
|Emissions||Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards or meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Lift, Bore and Stroke||120 mm × 915 mm (4.7 in × 36.0 in)|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||2930 psi (20200 kPa)|
|Pump Flow at 2,111 rpm||23.5 gal/min (89 l/min)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Second||7.8 mile/h (12.5 km/h)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - First||3.8 mile/h (6.1 km/h)|
|Transmission Type||Planetengetriebe – Lastschaltgetriebe – ECPC (Electronic Clutch Pressure Control, Elektronische Kupplungsdrucksteuerung)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - First||4.3 mile/h (7 km/h)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Second||6.8 mile/h (10.9 km/h)|
|Low Idle Speed||800 r/min (800 r/min)|
|Rear||Planetary – Oscillating|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995 - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||284 HP (212 kW)|
|Rated Power (SAE J1349) - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995 - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||286 HP (213 kW)|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396 - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||274 HP (204 kW)|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249) - Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent||249 HP (186 kW)|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249) - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||248 HP (185 kW)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,400 rpm - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||899 lb/ft (1219 N·m)|
|Rated Power (SAE J1349) - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||249 HP (186 kW)|
|High Idle Speed||2270 r/min (2270 r/min)|
|Main Relief Pressure||3190 psi (22000 kPa)|
|Note||All non-road Tier 4 Final and Stage IV diesel engines are required to use: – Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels containing 15 ppm for the EPA, 10 ppm for the EU (mg/kg) sulfur or less. Biodiesel blends up to B20 are acceptable when blended with 15 ppm (mg/kg) sulfur or less ULSD and when the biodiesel feedstock meets ASTM D7467 specifications. – Cat DEO-ULS™ or oils that meet the Cat ECF-3, API CJ-4, and ACEA E9 specifications are required. – Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) that meets all requirements defined in ISO 22241-1.|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||111 dB(A) (111 dB(A))|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Bumper||6.5 ft (1990 mm)|
|Inside Turn Radius - Blade||9.5 ft (2910 mm)|
|Inside Turn Radius - Wheels||8.9 ft (2700 mm)|
|Height - Top of Beacon||14.3 ft (4368 mm)|
|Outside Turning Radius - Blade||21.2 ft (6473 mm)|
|Overall Length - Maximum||26.4 ft (8058 mm)|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)||56308 lb (25541 kg)|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||56899 lb (25809 kg)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||71 dB(A) (71 dB(A))|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||70 dB(A) (70 dB(A))|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395) Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent||112 dB(A) (112 dB(A))|
|Cooling System - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||21.4 gal (US) (81 l)|
|Transmission||14.8 gal (US) (56 l)|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||19.8 gal (US) (75 l)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||11.4 gal (US) (43 l)|
|Fuel Tank||132.1 gal (US) (500 l)|
|Engine Crankcase||5.28 gal (US) (20 l)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||11.4 gal (US) (43 l)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Only)||4.2 gal (US) (16 l)|
|Ground Clearance||1.7 ft (516 mm)|
Benefits and Features
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS) delivers improved transmission shifting performance and a higher level of comfort for operators.
- Decelerator pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. Allows the operator to slow speeds when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button.
- Electro hydraulic controls increase productivity with responsive implements feature. Operate comfortably with easy-to-use soft-detent controls.
- Steering System provides confident machine operation and precise control enabled by the 815K's load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increased efficiency with variable displacement piston pumps that give operators precise positioning for easy maneuvering in tight areas with 42 degree articulation in each direction.
- Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™) enhances operator comfort by integrating steering and transmission control functions in a single lever. Includes finger-controlled gear selection.
- Designed and made with purpose-built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
- Long-life-designs, materials and robotic welding ensure multiple life cycles and ability to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering-cylinder mounts efficiently conduct steering loads into the frame.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS) delivers consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Strategic use of metallurgy and heat treating ensures long-life gears.
- The Cat C7.1 engine is designed for maximum fuel efficiency and increased power density.
- Two engine options are available to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards. (depending upon market).
- Engine features innovative Cat electronics, fuel injection process, air-management systems, aftertreatment solution with Cat selective catalytic reduction.
- Integrated systems intelligently lower working engine speeds and reduce overall system heat loads resulting in improved performance and fuel efficiency.
- Next generation fuel injection systems control fuel metering through a series of carefully timed microbursts providing cleaner combustion and the most efficient fuel burn.
- New long-life Paddle and Plus design tip options.
- Up to 40% longer life.
- Purpose designed for Cat Landfill Compactors.
- Improved machine performance.
- Improved traction.
- Select Paddle Tip for traction and fuel economy.
- Select Plus Tip for increased side-slope stability.
- Select combination of both to optimize performance in your conditions.
- Pressurized cab sits on isolation mounts improving comfort and reducing sound.
- Cab features a convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
- Cat Comfort Series III Seat includes mid-back design, thick, contoured cushions, air suspension, six-way adjustments, and a seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat for optimal control.
- Control Panel gives operators the information and controls for safer and time-saving settings.
- STIC control simplicity provides maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Cat Compaction Control system uses Machine Drive Power (MDP) technology to measure rolling resistance and correlates it with landfill compaction. 3D mapping indicates where to work and when layers are at optimum density. The system eliminates voids, optimizes cell space and documents results.
- VisionLink 3D Project Monitoring provides managers with detailed compaction analysis to more effectively monitor and manage operations.
- DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by keeping operator aware of the work area and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions like avoidance zones.
- COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, and with fewer passes.
- Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface. Helps effectively manage fleet and lower operating costs.
- Railings, ladders and non-slip surfaces enhance technician and operator safety.
- Rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Engine and power train guards prevent trash build-up and shield components.
- Front frame guards prevent trash build-up inside the frame and protects components and hydraulic lines.
- Axle wrapping and seal guarding prevents material from wrapping and binding around the axles and assists when cleaning is needed.
- Transmission oil tube is guarded to resist damage from debris.
- The fuel tank is positioned away from the debris in the front frame and is easily accessed.
- High radiator air inlet with screen helps prevent trash from entering the radiator area, maintaining proper airflow and aiding debris to fall off.
- Striker bars and optional cleaner fingers are located in front and behind the rear wheels and behind the front wheels. Striker bars help to keep wheels free of debris to assist the wheel tips in maintaining good compaction.
- In cohesive material or severe packing conditions, optional cleaner fingers are available to further assist in keeping the wheel tips clean.
- Roof extends past the cab doors and windows to minimize debris build up.
- Suction fan allows ambient air to cool, enhancing cooling capacity. It also pressurizes the engine compartment, preventing trash build up.
- Engine Idle Shutdown saves fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with maintenance-free batteries.
- To assist with maximizing machine life, the Cat 816K is built for multiple lives and is one of our most rebuilt products. To get the most value from your investment, Caterpillar offers sustainable options including Cat Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. With these programs, remanufactured components deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, lowering operating costs while also reducing waste and minimizing the need for raw materials.
- Safe and convenient service via ground level or platform access to daily service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of engine compartment provide easy access to daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so operators and technicians can resolve problems before failure.
- Sight gauges mean quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination.
- Hydraulic oil cooler, air conditioner condenser, and fuel cooler grouped for easy access.
- Side access doors allow convenient cleanout of cooling package.
- New ground level service area includes a Master Disconnect Switch with integrated lock-out/tag-out, DEF purge lamp (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV machines only), circuit breakers, emergency fuel shutoff switch and the jump start receptacle.
- Centralized grease points speed maintenance.
- Cat dealers keep you running with preventive maintenance programs, maintenance contracts, best-in-class parts availability and operator training support.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Shifting (APECS)
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C7.1 (configured for two emissions options): – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Engine driven cooling fan (suction)
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent only)
- Radiator, unit core
- Starting aid (ether)
- Throttle lock
- Transmission, planetary with 2F/2R speed range control
- Torque converter
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator (150 amp)
- Batteries, maintenance free
- Electrical system (24 volt)
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting system (front and rear)
- Starter, electric
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- 12-volt power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner with roof mounted condenser
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Camera, rear vision
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Hydraulic controls – floor mounted
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque convertor temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three category – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio, CB ready
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12-volt 10-15 amp)
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3") wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles – Event indicator light on rear grill
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear): – Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Guards, axle (front and rear)
- Guard, cab window
- Guards, crankcase and power train, hinged
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guard, radiator
- Striker bars
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- DEF tank fill gauge (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Emergency egress
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, 500 L (132 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Steering, load sensing
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Glass (window): – Standard bonded or rubber-mounted glass
- Horn group (standard)
- Horn group (trumpet)
- Lights – cab: – Standard or LED
- Mirrors – cab: – Standard or heated
- Precleaner – cab: – Standard or powered
- Seat – cab: – Standard or heated and ventilated
- Axles: – Axle arrangement (no spin front) – Axle arrangement (no spin rear) – Axle arrangement (no spin front and rear)
- Engine precleaners: – Turbine or dual stage
- Dozer Arrangement – Standard (No Blade)
- Dozer Arrangement – Straight Blade
- Dozer Arrangement – Tilt (No Blade)
- Product Link: – GSM, satellite
- Wheels and tips: – Wheel arrangement (6.25" plus tip) – Wheel arrangement (6.25" paddle tip) – Wheel arrangement (6.25" plus and paddle) – Wheels, chopper
- Bar group – cleaner (cleaner fingers and striker bar)
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Engine: – Sound suppression
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV only)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent only)