825K Soil Compactor
|Engine Model||C15 Cat®|
|Net Power||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Operating Weight||78326 lb (35528 kg)|
|Engine Crankcase||9 gal (US) (34 l)|
|Engine Model||C15 Cat®|
|Net Power||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Operating Weight||78326 lb (35528 kg)|
|Engine Crankcase||9 gal (US) (34 l)|
|Blade Tip Angle - Forward||7,3°|
|Low Idle Speed||800 r/min (800 r/min)|
|Emissions||Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards or meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards|
|Bore||4.5 in (114.3 mm)|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||86 degrees|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Turning Radius - Inside of Push Arms||8.6 ft (2627 mm)|
|Width - Over Drums||11.98 ft (3650 mm)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||8.5 gal (US) (32 l)|
|Wheel Base||12.1 ft (3700 mm)|
|Height - Including Cutting Edge||3.4 ft (1032 mm)|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||1.97 ft (602 mm)|
|Transmission||17.4 gal (US) (66 l)|
|Tips per Wheel||65|
|Rated Power (Net SAE J1349)||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Blade Tip Angle - Total||14,8°|
|Drum Diameter||4.3 ft (1299 mm)|
|Operating Weight - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||78326 lb (35528 kg)|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight||9.3 ft (2830 mm)|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Lift, Bore and Stroke||120 mm × 1070 mm (4.7 in × 42.1 in)|
|Displacement||927.6 in³ (15.2 l)|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Gross Power||412 HP (307 kW)|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston – Variable Displacement|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left Full||10,1°|
|Outside Diameter||5.5 ft (1672 mm)|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right - Hydraulic||6,3°|
|Width - Over Wheels||11.98 ft (3650 mm)|
|Height - Top of Hood||10.4 ft (3162 mm)|
|Bore||5.4 in (137.2 mm)|
|Blade Tip Angle - Back||7,5°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right - Mechanical||5,1°|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||26.4 gal (US) (100 l)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||3481 psi (24000 kPa)|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA Equivalent)||9098 ft (2773 m)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Second||6 mile/h (9.7 km/h)|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Torque Rise||33%|
|Front||Planetary – Fixed|
|Height - ROPS/Canopy||13.3 ft (4059 mm)|
|Rear||Planetary – Oscillating|
|Height - Top of Beacon||14.4 ft (4381 mm)|
|Ground Clearance - Bumper||2.7 ft (810 mm)|
|High Idle Speed||2300 r/min (2300 r/min)|
|Pump Flow at 1,800 rpm||30.9 gal/min (117 l/min)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Third||12.2 mile/h (19.7 km/h)|
|Moldboard - Length||14.4 ft (4390 mm)|
|Maximum Lift Above Ground||3.14 ft (958 mm)|
|Total Tilt Adjustment||2.9 ft (890 mm)|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||3495 psi (24100 kPa)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||29.1 gal (US) (110 l)|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Gross Power||435 HP (324 kW)|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||9298 ft (2834 m)|
|Length - With Blade on Ground||28.1 ft (8561 mm)|
|Weight||16167 lb (7333 kg)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,300 rpm||1478.8 lb/ft (2005 N·m)|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||35.4 gal (US) (134 l)|
|Ground Clearance||1.6 ft (492 mm)|
|Operating Weight - Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA Equivalent||77340 lb (35081 kg)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - First||3.4 mile/h (5.5 km/h)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)||113 dB(A) (113 dB(A))|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - First||3.9 mile/h (6.2 km/h)|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249)||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Maximum System Flow||170 L/min @ 1,800 rpm (44.9 gal/min @ 1,800 rpm)|
|Fuel Tank||206.6 gal (US) (782 l)|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left - Hydraulic||5,4°|
|Stroke||22.7 in (576 mm)|
|Steering System - Circuit||Double Acting – End Mounted|
|Transmission Type||Planetengetriebe – Lastschaltgetriebe – ECPC (Electronic Clutch Pressure Control, Elektronische Kupplungsdrucksteuerung)|
|Width - Over End Bits||15.18 ft (4628 mm)|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Tilt, Bore and Stroke||95.25 mm × 216 mm (3.75 in × 8.5 in)|
|Main Relief Pressure||3495 psi (24100 kPa)|
|Gross Power||435 HP (324 kW)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||73 dB(A) (73 dB(A))|
|Hitch to Centerline of Front Axle||6.1 ft (1850 mm)|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Torque Rise||8,5%|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left - Mechanical||4,1°|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Third||10.7 mile/h (17.2 km/h)|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||14.1 ft (4290 mm)|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)||110 dB(A) (110 dB(A))|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Second||6.9 mile/h (11.1 km/h)|
|Drum Width||3.7 ft (1125 mm)|
|Stroke||6.7 in (171.4 mm)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||72 dB(A) (72 dB(A))|
|Cooling System||30.6 gal (US) (116 l)|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right Full||10,8°|
Benefits and Features
- Auto shift mode, when active, allows machine to upshift or downshift based on machine speed and torque, optimizing performance and saving fuel.
- The left pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. Operators can slow down when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button. Helps maneuvering around trucks, tractors or other obstacles.
- Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™) enhances operator comfort by integrating steering and transmission control functions in a single lever. Includes finger-controlled gear selection.
- Load sensing hydraulic steering system ensures smooth steering at all speeds and engine levels.
- Variable displacement piston pumps enhance efficiency.
- Steering articulates 43 degrees each direction allowing operators precise positioning for easy operation in tight areas.
- Electro hydraulic controls help ensure responsive, predictable implement control.
- Electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops deliver smooth machine operation, less stress on operator.
- Designed and made with purpose-built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
- Long-life-designs, materials and robotic welding ensure multiple life cycles and ability to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering-cylinder mounts efficiently conduct steering loads into the frame.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) delivers consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency.
- Strategic use of metallurgy and heat treating ensures long-life gears.
- Torque converter with lock-up clutch eliminates drive losses, reduces system heat, improves travel speeds, and increases fuel efficiency.
- Cat C15 engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications.
- Two engine options are available to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards. (depending upon market).
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls work in concert with the entire machine to make fuel go farther.
- Engine Idle Shutdown reduces fuel waste during idling periods.
- Delayed Engine Shutdown maximizes durability.
- Chevron Tamping Tip Design provides greater ground pressure, more compaction, excellent traction and a smooth ride.
- Compaction is achieved from the bottom of the lift to the top. The tapered tips walk out of the lift without “fluffing” the soil. The top of the lift is compacted and the surface is relatively smooth and sealed so hauling units are able to maintain a high speed when traveling over the fill.
- The 825K travel speed delivers four forces of compaction: pressure, manipulation, impact and vibration.
- This compactor also spreads fill, potentially reducing the number of spreader tractors needed for the project.
- Symmetrical tamping tip pattern delivers equal compaction in forward or reverse. Tips are full perimeter and replaceable.
- Two cleaner bars on each wheel keep drums free of carryover dirt, in forward and reverse, maximizing efficiency. Cleaner bars are available with standard or abrasive tips depending upon the application. Bars are adjustable and bar tips are heat-treated and direct-hardened cutting-edge steel to increase life.
- Pressurized cab sits on isolation mounts improving comfort and reducing sound.
- Cab features a convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
- Cat Comfort Series III Seat includes mid-back design, thick, contoured cushions, air suspension, six-way adjustments, and a seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat for optimal control.
- Control panel gives operators the information and controls for safer and time-saving settings.
- STIC control simplicity provides maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Cat Compaction Control system uses Machine Drive Power (MDP) technology to measure rolling resistance and correlates it with soil stiffness. MDP works in both cohesive or granular soils. Optional 3D mapping system maps compaction measurements to the precise location the operator is working, providing a real-time view of progress, and a record of compaction uniformity.
- DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by keeping operator aware of the work area and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
- COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, and with fewer passes.
- Cat Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface. Helps effectively manage fleet and lower operating costs.
- Railings, ladders and non-slip surfaces enhance technician and operator safety.
- Design ensures three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab-mounted LED warning strobes.
- Optional heated mirrors ensure enhanced visibility for safe operation.
- Optional LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Engine Idle Shutdown saves fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with maintenance-free batteries.
- The 825K is built to be rebuilt, maximizing machine life, and minimizing environmental impact. Get the most from your investment, with our sustainable options including Cat Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. With these programs, remanufactured components deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, lowering operating costs while also reducing waste and minimizing the need for raw materials.
- Safe and convenient service via ground level or platform access to daily service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of engine compartment provide easy access to daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so operators and technicians can resolve problems before failure.
- Sight gauges mean quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination.
- Swing-out doors on both sides provide convenient access to daily service check points. Engine compartment lighting aids visibility.
- New ground level service area includes an electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown and stairway light switch.
- Cat dealers keep you running with preventive maintenance programs, maintenance contracts, best-in-class parts availability and operator training support.
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C15: – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Hydraulically driven demand fan
- Integrated braking system
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter with Lock Up Clutch (LUC)
- Transmission, planetary, with 3F/3R speed range control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free (4 – 1,000 CCA)
- Electrical system, 24V
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Lighting, under hood
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lights, directional (rear)
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Cab door, sliding window (LH)
- Compaction control (ready)
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift controls
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Laminated glass
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, heated ready
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Wheels, tamping tips
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Bulldozer straight blade, hydraulics, and linkage are included in the base machine
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Cleaner bars with teeth
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Emergency platform egress
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Engine idle management features: – Auto idle kickdown – Delayed engine shutdown – Engine idle shutdown
- Fast fuel system
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, Fast Fill, 782 L (207 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Product Link
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Fold down exhaust stack for shipping
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Radio, CB (ready)
- Compaction control, basic
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage III Equivalent)