|Gross Power||435 HP (324 kW)|
|Net Power||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C15 ACERT™|
|Bore||5.4 in (137.2 mm)|
|Gross Power||435 HP (324 kW)|
|Net Power||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C15 ACERT™|
|Bore||5.4 in (137.2 mm)|
|Stroke||6.7 in (171.4 mm)|
|Displacement||927.6 in³ (15.2 l)|
|Emissions||Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent|
|High Idle Speed||2300 r/min (2300 r/min)|
|Low Idle Speed||800 r/min (800 r/min)|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||9298 ft (2834 m)|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,300 rpm||1478.8 ft·lbf (2005 N·m)|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Gross Power||435 HP (324 kW)|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Torque Rise||8.5 % (8.5 %)|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Gross Power||412 HP (307 kW)|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Torque Rise||33 % (33 %)|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249)||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Rated Power (Net SAE J1349)||405 HP (302 kW)|
|Transmission Type||Planetary - Powershift - ECPC|
|Travel Speed - Forward - Maximum 1st||3.7 mile/h (6 km/h)|
|Travel Speed - Forward - Maximum 2nd||6.6 mile/h (10.6 km/h)|
|Travel Speed - Reverse - Maximum 1st||4.3 mile/h (6.9 km/h)|
|Travel Speed - Reverse - Maximum 2nd||7.6 mile/h (12.2 km/h)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Maximum Eco Mode||4.3 mile/h (6.9 km/h)|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Maximum Eco Mode||4.6 mile/h (7.4 km/h)|
|Bore||4.7 in (120 mm)|
|Lift System||Double Acting Cylinder|
|Main Relief Pressure||3495 psi (24100 kPa)|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||3495 psi (24100 kPa)|
|Pump Flow at 1,950 rpm||30.9 gal/min (117 l/min)|
|Stroke||42.1 in (1070 mm)|
|Front||Planetary - Fixed|
|Rear||Planetary - Oscillating|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Fuel Tank||206.6 gal (US) (782 l)|
|Cooling System||30.6 gal (US) (116 l)|
|Transmission||17.4 gal (US) (66 l)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||26.4 gal (US) (100 l)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||29.1 gal (US) (110 l)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||8.5 gal (US) (32 l)|
|Engine Crankcase||9 gal (US) (34 l)|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||35.4 gal (US) (134 l)|
|Operating Weight||90207 lb (40917 kg)|
|Machine Sound Power Level (ISO 6395)||113 dB(A) (113 dB(A))|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level - ISO 6396||73 dB(A) (73 dB(A))|
|Machine Sound Power Level (ISO 6395)||110 dB(A) (110 dB(A))|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level - ISO 6396||72 dB(A) (72 dB(A))|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) - Multiple Blade and Wheel Offerings||90207 lb (40917 kg)|
|Maximum Operating Weight (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA equivalent) Multiple Blade and Wheel Offerings||89186 lb (40454 kg)|
|Height - Top of Cab with A/C||14.99 ft (4568 mm)|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||14.56 ft (4439 mm)|
|Height - Top of Hood||10.87 ft (3312 mm)|
|Ground Clearance - Bumper||3.15 ft (960 mm)|
|Hitch to Centerline of Front Axle||6.07 ft (1850 mm)|
|Wheel Base||12.14 ft (3700 mm)|
|Width - Over Wheels||12.47 ft (3800 mm)|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight - Including Rear Radiator Guard||10.16 ft (3096 mm)|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight - No Rear Radiator Guard||9.38 ft (2860 mm)|
|Height - ROPS/Canopy||14.02 ft (4274 mm)|
|Height - Top of Cab with Strobe||15.63 ft (4765 mm)|
|Length - With Blade on Ground - Straight Blade - Including Rear Radiator Guard||28.59 ft (8715 mm)|
|Turning Radius - Inside of Wheels||9.18 ft (2797 mm)|
|Ground Clearance||2.11 ft (642 mm)|
|Bore||4.5 in (114.3 mm)|
|Maximum System Flow||170 L/min @ 1,950 rpm (44.9 gal/min @ 1,950 rpm)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||3481 psi (24000 kPa)|
|Steering System - Circuit||Double Acting - End Mounted|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston - Variable Displacement|
|Stroke||22.7 in (576 mm)|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||86 ° (86 °)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft (1610 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft (1200 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft (1971 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Weight||20540 lb (9317 kg)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft (3800 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft (1610 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft (1200 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft (1971 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Weight||21125 lb (9582 kg)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Paddle and Plus Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft (3800 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Drum Diameter||5.28 ft (1610 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Drum Width||3.94 ft (1200 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Outside Diameter||6.47 ft (1971 mm)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Tips per Wheel||30|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Weight||22002 lb (9980 kg)|
|Attachment - Wheels: 1200 mm (47.25 in) Plus Tips - Width over Drums||12.47 ft (3800 mm)|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 3/Stage IIIA)||9098 ft (2773 m)|
Benefits and Features
Efficiency with Eco Mode
The Eco Mode when active allows the machine to go into auto-shift when machine is not operating at maximum torque conditions. This feature will automatically shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear with a capped engine top speed. The feature senses the need for ground torque and will upshift and downshift accordingly, optimizing performance and thus saving fuel. This feature can be easily enabled or disabled on the soft keypad.
The left pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. This enables the operator to slow down when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button again. This aids in maneuvering around trucks, tractors or any other obstacle.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection
- Smoother, faster cycles help reduce operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls
Confident machine operation starts with precise machine control enabled by the 826K's load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees each way of steering articulation
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions
Electro Hydraulic Controls
Operators increase productivity with our responsive implements feature.
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls
We know the harsh environment your machines encounter at the working face of your landfill on a daily basis. This is why the 826 is specifically designed and made with purpose built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest loading conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Two forward and two reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat Torque Converter (TC) with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Increases fuel efficiency
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
The Cat C15 ACERT engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications. Two engine options are available that meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
Entry and Exit
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest
- Reduced access stairway angles
- Standard stairway lighting
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
Enhance comfort and help reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions
- Air suspension system
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt
Ergonomic placement of switches and information display keep your operators comfortable all day every day.
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake
Your operator's productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Reduced sound levels
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you'll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface to help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs. VIMS™ data, like events, histograms, and historical trends, can be downloaded for analysis, giving you the information you need to proactively maintain fleet health and optimize performance and uptime.
DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by enhancing operator awareness of the work area around working equipment and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
Rear Vision Camera
The optional rear vision camera greatly enhances visibility behind the machine to help the operator work more productively. Work with greater confidence and at peak potential while keeping people and assets safe.
COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance, and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, in fewer passes – saving on fuel and rework.
AccuGrade™ Compaction Control
The dealer-installed AccuGrade system uses the Cat Compaction Algorithm to measure effective compaction value and deliver real-time 3D pass mapping guidance to the cab, indicating where to work and when layers are compacted to optimum density. Pass mapping helps eliminate voids, optimize cell space, and document results. VisionLink 3D Project Monitoring provides landfill managers with detailed compaction analysis to more effectively monitor and manage their operation.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 826K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of potential spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination with sight gauges.
- Optional swing-out stairs enable easy access to the engine compartment.
- Swing out fuel and hydraulic oil coolers for easy access cleanout.
- Ground level power service center with electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown, and stairway light switch.
- Lighting inside the engine compartment improves visibility to service points.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Improve your efficiency with operator training
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
We are constantly improving our products in an effort to provide a safe work environment for the operator and those who work on your job site.
- Left and right hand stairs are angled to enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 826K.
- Continuous pass-through with handrails and non-skid surfaces are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab mounted LED warning strobes
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat
- Standard front glass guard
Reducing the Impact to the Environment
The 826K is designed and built with sustainability in mind.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 826 is one of the most rebuilt products to achieve the second and third life to get the most value from your investment. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Working in the toughest application, the purpose built 826K Landfill Compactor has specialized waste guarding to protect key components and systems from damage, debris, chemicals, premature wear, or wrapping of the material around components. This additional guarding includes:
- Engine and Power Train Guards - Hydraulically actuated guards help prevent trash build-up and shield components.
- Front Frame Guards - Front frame guards prevent trash build-up inside the frame. This guard further protects components and hydraulic lines.
- Axle Wrapping and Seal Guarding - The guarding prevents material from wrapping and binding around the axles, as well as assist in ease of cleaning.
- Major System Guarding and Sight Gauges - Transmission oil tube is guarded to resist damage from debris. The sight gauge for the transmission is visible from ground level. The fuel tank is positioned away from the debris in the front frame and is easily accessed.
- Air Inlet Screen - The vertically corrugated, fine mesh, air inlet screen helps reduce trash from entering the radiator area and allows for debris to fall off.
- Striker Bars and Optional Cleaner Fingers - Striker bars are located in front of and behind the rear wheels and behind the front wheels. Striker bars help to keep wheels free of debris to assist the wheel step tips in maintaining good compaction. In cohesive material or severe packing conditions, optional cleaner fingers are available to further assist in keeping the wheel step tips clean.
- Extended Roof - An oversized roof extends past the cab doors and windows to minimize debris build up.
- Under Hood Ventilation System - Creates a neutral pressure environment to prevent trash ingestion from hood openings while providing fresh air to the alternator, electronics and turbo.
New Long Life Paddle and Plus Design Compactor Tips
Providing up to 40% longer life than previous offering. Designed specifically to compliment Cat machines. Improving machine performance!
- Longer wear life
- Maintaining traction
Three new wheel and tip configurations are available to meet your particular application: 1) Paddle Tip - High performance and less fuel burn with more traction and less weight. 2) Plus Tip - Traditional design for increased side slope stability. 3) Combination Tip - Both paddle and plus tips provide the best compromise of performance and fuel economy with side slope stability.
Data from customer machines show Cat landfill compactors are among the most fuel efficient machines in the industry. Several features contribute to this excellent fuel efficiency:
- ACERT Engine - Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lockup Torque Converter - Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) - All new SCSS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
- Fuel Tank Capacity minimum of 12 hours operation depending on the application.
Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption. • Machine Configuration - Select the correct blade and wheel configuration based on your individual application.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Alarm, back-up
- Air conditioner with roof mounted condenser
- Guards, axle (front and rear)
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Demand fan/swing out (hydraulic reversible)
- VIMS/Product Link: – GSM, satellite