|Engine Model||Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ with twin turbo|
|Flywheel Power||130 HP (97 kW)|
|Bore||4.13 in (105 mm)|
|Stroke||4.99 in (127 mm)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ with twin turbo|
|Flywheel Power||130 HP (97 kW)|
|Bore||4.13 in (105 mm)|
|Stroke||4.99 in (127 mm)|
|Displacement||268.5 in³ (4.4 l)|
|Emissions||U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV/Korea Tier 4|
|Engine Power - Maximum - ISO 14396||157 HP (117 kW)|
|Engine Power - Maximum - ISO 14396 (DIN)||159 HP (117 kW)|
|Engine Power - Maximum - SAE J1995||160 HP (119 kW)|
|Net Power (Rated) - ISO 9249||130 HP (97 kW)|
|Net Power (Rated) - SAE J1349||128 HP (95 kW)|
|Fuel Tank||69 gal (US) (260 l)|
|Cooling System||7.9 gal (US) (30 l)|
|Hydraulic Tank||16.9 gal (US) (64 l)|
|Final Drive - Each - XL/LGP||4.9 gal (US) (18.5 l)|
|Operating Weight||29258 lb (13271 kg)|
|Note (1)||Operating weights: includes EROPS, A/C, lights, VPAT Dozer, transmission, drawbar, engine enclosure, 3-valve hydraulics, 100% fuel, Cat Comfort Series air suspension seat and operator.|
|Operating Weight - LGP||30664 lb (13909 kg)|
|Operating Weight - XL||29258 lb (13271 kg)|
|Shipping Weight - LGP||30058 lb (13634 kg)|
|Shipping Weight - XL||28651 lb (12996 kg)|
|Ground Contact Area (ISO 16754) - LGP||6912 in² (4.46 m²)|
|Ground Contact Area (ISO 16754) - XL||5070 in² (3.27 m²)|
|Ground Pressure (ISO 16754) - LGP||4.44 psi (30.6 kPa)|
|Ground Pressure (ISO 16754) - XL||5.77 psi (39.8 kPa)|
|Grouser Height - ES Shoe||2.2 in (57 mm)|
|Grouser Height - MS Shoe||1.9 in (48 mm)|
|Shoes/Side - XL/LGP||40|
|Track Gauge - LGP||79 in (2000 mm)|
|Track Gauge - XL||70 in (1770 mm)|
|Track Rollers/Side - XL/LGP||8|
|Track on Ground - XL/LGP||104 in (2645 mm)|
|Width - Shoe - LGP||30 in (760 mm)|
|Width - Shoe - XL||22 in (560 mm)|
|Blade Type||VPAT, VPAT Foldable*|
|Blade Capacity - LGP, VPAT||4.98 yd³ (3.81 m³)|
|Blade Capacity - XL, VPAT||4.26 yd³ (3.26 m³)|
|Blade Width - Over End Bits - LGP, VPAT||12 ft (3682 mm)|
|Blade Width - Over End Bits - XL, VPAT||10.5 ft (3196 mm)|
|Note||*VPAT foldable blades have the same capacity and width as the XL/LGP VPAT blades.|
|Each Additional Shank||75 lb (34 kg)|
|Maximum Penetration - XL and LGP||14.2 in (360 mm)|
|Maximum Penetration Force - LGP||10138 lb (45.1 kN)|
|Maximum Penetration Force - XL||9480 lb (42.2 kN)|
|Maximum Pry-out Force - LGP||37480 lb (166.7 kN)|
|Maximum Pry-out Force - XL||37480 lb (166.7 kN)|
|Pocket Spacing||35.3 in (896 mm)|
|Shank Gauge||70.6 in (1792 mm)|
|Shank Section||58.5 × 138 mm (2.3 × 5.4 in)|
|Weight - With One Shank||1863 lb (845 kg)|
|Number of Pockets||3|
|Overall Beam Width||76.8 in (1951 mm)|
|Beam Cross Section||165 × 211 mm (6.5 × 8.3 in)|
|Cable Ferrule Size - Length||2.63 in (67 mm)|
|Cable Ferrule Size - Outside Diameter||2.13 in (54 mm)|
|Drum Capacity - Optional Rope||220 ft (67 m)|
|Drum Capacity - Recommended Rope||306 ft (93 m)|
|Maximum Bare Drum - Line Pull||50000 (222.4 kN)|
|Maximum Bare Drum - Line Speed||124 ft/min (38 m/min)|
|Maximum Full Drum - Line Pull||26000 (115.7 kN)|
|Maximum Full Drum - Line Speed||230 ft/min (70 m/min)|
|Optional Cable Size||0.87 in (22 mm)|
|Rope Recommended Diameter||0.75 in (19 mm)|
|Winch Case - Width||29.1 in (740 mm)|
|Winch and Bracket Length||33.2 in (845 mm)|
|Drum Diameter||8 in (205 mm)|
|Drum Width||11 in (274 mm)|
|Flange Diameter||18 in (457 mm)|
|FOPS||FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) meets ISO 3449-2005 Level II.|
|ROPS||ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) offered by Caterpillar for the machine meets ROPS criteria ISO 3471:2008.|
|Brakes||Brakes meet the standard ISO 10265:2008.|
|Engine Crankcase||2.9 gal (US) (11 l)|
|Air Conditioning||The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.3 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 1.859 metric tonnes.|
|Net Power (Rated) - ISO 9249 (DIN)||132 HP (97 kW)|
|Note (1)||All non road Tier 4 Interim and Final, Stage IIIB and IV, and Korea Tier 4 diesel engines are required to use only Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels containing 15 ppm EPA/10 ppm EU (mg/kg) sulfur or less. Biodiesel blends up to B20 (20% blend by volume) are acceptable when blended with 15 ppm (mg/kg) sulfur or less ULSD. B20 should meet ASTM D7467 specification (biodiesel blend stock should meet Cat biodiesel spec, ASTM D6751 or EN 14214). Cat DEO-ULS™ or oils that meet the Cat ECF-3, API CJ-4, and ACEA E9 specification are required. Consult your OMM for further machine specific fuel recommendations.|
|Note (2)||Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) used in Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems must meet the requirements outlined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 22241.|
|Note (3)||Engine ratings at 2,200 rpm|
|Note (4)||Net power advertised is the power available at the engine flywheel when the engine is equipped with the air cleaner, alternator, A/C compressor at full load and cooling fan at maximum speed.|
|Note (5)||No engine derating required up to 3000 m (9,840 ft) altitude; beyond 3000 m (9,840 ft) automatic derating occurs.|
|DEF Tank||5 gal (US) (19 l)|
|Engine Emissions||Fully complies with Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Korea Tier 4 emission standards|
|Vibration Levels (1)||The hand/arm vibration of this machine is below 2.5 m/s2, for an experienced operator in a dozing application.|
|Vibration Levels (2)||The whole body vibration information is available in Operation and Maintenance Manual SEBU8257.|
|Vibration Levels (3)||The whole body vibration information is available in Pocket Guide HEGQ3339 “Driving Down Vibration.”|
|Vibration Levels (4)||Operator's seat meets input “spectral class EM6” according to ISO 7096:2000. Seat has a transmissibility factor of “SEAT<0.7.”|
|Forward||0-10 km/h (0-6.2 mph)|
|Reverse||0-10 km/h (0-6.2 mph)|
|Note (2)||Shipping weights: includes EROPS, A/C, lights, VPAT Dozer, transmission, drawbar, engine enclosure, 3-valve hydraulics, 10% fuel, Cat Comfort Series air suspension seat.|
|Note||*Weight includes: pump, operator controls, oil, mounting brackets and spacers.|
|Weight*||2000 lb (907 kg)|
Benefits and Features
Powerful Drive Train
A Cat C4.4 ACERT engine with twin turbochargers is combined with a new hydrostatic transmission to give you improved fuel efficiency and the most power-dense drive train in its size class. The hystat transmission offers superior maneuverability, faster steering response and greater capability to utilize full blade loads.
Eco Modes optimize engine speed, while maintaining ground speed, saving up to 17 percent fuel in lighter blade load applications like finish grading.
Efficiency features reduce engine speed when idling, or shut the machine down after a specified time, to further save fuel and meet idling regulations. Engine Idle Shutdown shuts down engine after pre-set time to reduce idling and help save fuel.
New automatic traction control is standard and automatically reduces track slip in poor underfoot conditions, improving productivity and finish surface quality.
Updated cooling package allows more air flow, reducing fan speed for greater efficiency. Hydraulic demand fan automatically reduces fan speed in cooler conditions to help save fuel. An optional hydraulic reversing fan offers automatic or manual modes for changing direction to blow debris out of the radiator cores.
Spacious, quiet cab offers all-day comfort with wide door openings and an air suspension seat. Ergonomic, seat-mounted joystick controls isolate vibration. Excellent visibility to the blade, curbs and tight spaces help you work more precisely.
The new Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is easy to read, enables Slope Assist, and is rear-camera ready so no additional monitor is needed.
Implement and Steering Controls
- Single joystick for speed, direction and steering; includes thumb wheel for speed adjustment and traction control.
- Dozer/implement controls give you 6-way control of the VPAT blade and allows power pitch adjustment. Blade shake feature helps shed sticky material.
- Improved implement valve provides faster response. Intuitive, precise electro-hydraulic controls with sensitivity adjustment – fine, medium, coarse.
- Rear vision camera (Optional) for enhanced visibility behind the machine.
- Improved heating/ ventilation/air conditioning system cools faster; circulates air closer to the operator for more comfort.
- New bi-directional control (Standard) – dial preselected forward/reverse gears for reduced effort and improved efficiency. Save the settings as operator profile for even more convenience.
- Added comfort options like heated/ventilated seat and heated control handles.
Whether the D6K2 is a permanent part of your fleet or rented for the short term, operators will find this machine easy to operate.
- Technologies like Slope Assist and Stable Blade are integrated right into the dozer to help even less experienced operators achieve a quality grade more quickly, and with fewer inputs.
- Joystick controls are intuitive and precise.
- Machine balance and undercarriage are designed for faster finish grading.
- A rear vision camera is available to enhance visibility behind the machine.
- Machine width and folding blade option allow for easy transport.
- Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Korea Tier 4 emission standards.
- Emissions technology that is transparent – no action required from the operator, no stopping for regeneration.
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) use typically about 2.5 percent of fuel consumption – provides excellent overall fluid efficiency.
- Diesel Particulate Filter designed for the life of the engine – no need to clean out.
- Pump automatically purges DEF lines to help prevent freezing.
- When refilling Diesel Exhaust Fluid, a tone will sound (with key on) when tank is nearly full.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology equipped machines, you'll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.
Cat Connect services are also available from your dealership including:
Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs.
Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency.
Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
LINK technologies provide wireless capability to machines enabling two-way transfer of information collected by on-board sensors, control modules, and other Cat Connect technologies using off-board apps, such as our VisionLink® software.
Product Link takes the guesswork out of equipment management. Track location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink interface. Manage your fleet in real time so you can maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
GRADE for Dozers
Cat Connect GRADE technologies help you hit target grade faster and more accurately. Finish jobs in fewer passes, and with less operator effort, saving you time and helping you increase profit.
Cat GRADE with Slope Assist (Standard) helps operators more easily achieve the required main-fall and slope orientation of the blade by automatically maintaining pre-established blade angles for the grade. The system saves time, increases finish quality and reduces operator input. Experienced operators can work more productively and less experienced operators can achieve better quality results more quickly.
Cat Slope Indicate (Standard) displays machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation on the primary monitor, helping operators work more accurately on slopes.
Cat Stable Blade (Standard) complements the operator's blade-control input for attaining finish grades quicker with less effort.
Cat GRADE with 3D (Optional – available early 2017) is a factory integrated grade control system that enables operators to improve grading efficiency, accuracy, and productivity in both production dozing and fine-grading applications. The integrated design positions antennas on the cab roof, eliminating conventional blade-mounted masts and related cables. The AccuGrade Ready Option (ARO) is part of the package for added versatility, and AutoCarry™ is included to further boost productivity.
Cat AccuGrade (Optional) is a dealer-installed aftermarket grade-control system that provides increased grading versatility and the ability to scale capacity to changing needs, providing a choice of lasers for 2D flat-plane and slope work, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) control for complex 3D cuts and contours, and/or systems using a Universal Total Station (UTS) for fine and finish grading.
AccuGrade Ready Option (ARO) (Optional) allows you to easily install or upgrade to AccuGrade 2D and 3D grade-control systems to add versatility and resale value to your machine.
- Rugged Variable Pitch Angle Tilt (VPAT) blade allows you to hydraulically adjust lift, angle and tilt for precise results.
- Wide blade helps you get more work done in less time.
- Blade shake feature for easy removal of material.
- Folding blade option helps limit transport width.
- Power pitch option lets you easily adjust blade to optimum pitch for your application using buttons on the right hand control.
- Optimized undercarriage – eight bottom rollers/two carrier rollers for smoother ride and improved finish grading. New equalizer bar design supports faster fine grading speed.
- Choose Heavy Duty undercarriage for aggressive applications like land clearing, side-slopes or rocky terrain.
- Choose SystemOne™ undercarriage that is designed to work and wear as a system for longer life and lower costs in abrasive or low/moderate impact applications.
- A broad choice of track shoe designs and widths help you further optimize your machine for performance and longer life.
To help you match your dozer to the task at hand, you can outfit your D6K2 with a multi-shank parallelogram ripper, winch or drawbar. A dual control package makes it simple to utilize either a ripper or winch.
Ask your Cat dealer for available options to help you optimize your machine for the work you do.
Specialized arrangement includes a forestry blade, hydrostatic winch, 360 degree guarding for added protection of the cab and a heavy-duty rear tank guard.
Long service intervals and easy maintenance keep the machine up and running to help lower your owning and operating costs.
- Large, hinged door on the left side of the engine compartment for easy access to all regular engine maintenance points.
- Larger access panel to engine oil filter and new panel for easy access to fuel filter.
- Easy ground-level access to hydraulic filters located in the left rear service compartment.
- Grouped maintenance and diagnostic points.
- Ground level access to Diesel Exhaust Fluid fill.
- Updated track roller frame design for easier cleanout.
- Optional bracket mounts to rear of machine to keep a shovel handy.
- Optional onboard refueling pump is designed to make remote fueling from a fuel drum safer and faster.
- Cat C4.4 ACERT diesel engine turbocharged
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist
- SystemOne or Heavy Duty undercarriage
- Three valve hydraulics
- ROPS/FOPS Cab
- Antifreeze coolant (–37° C/–34.6° F)
- C-frame, variable pitch link, hydraulic cylinders and lines
- Warning decals, ANSI, are included for machines in the U.S.A. only.
- Fan, demand, reversing
- XL, SystemOne
- Track Pairs, XL, SystemOne: – Track, 510 mm (20 in), Moderate Service, XL – Track, 510 mm (20 in), Extreme Service, XL – Track, 560 mm (22 in), Moderate Service, XL – Track, 560 mm (22 in), Extreme Service, XL
- Guard, track guiding, center
- Cab, Comfort Package
- Hydraulic oil, bio
- Cab, protection package
- Blade, 3196 mm (126 in) ARO XL
- Ripper control
- AccuGrade Ready
- Fuel tank, fast fuel and refill ready
- Cold Weather Package, 120V
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Beacon, rotating
- Winch and fairleads: – PA50 winch, variable speed – Fairlead, three rollers – Kit, conversion, 4th roller – Winch step
- Shovel holder