|Nominal Rated Payload (33.00R51 Tires)||153 ton (US) (139 t)|
|Engine Model||Cat® 3512E|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||1600 HP (1193 kW)|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||1509 HP (1125 kW)|
|Nominal Rated Payload (33.00R51 Tires)||153 ton (US) (139 t)|
|Engine Model||Cat® 3512E|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||1600 HP (1193 kW)|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||1509 HP (1125 kW)|
|Nominal Rated Payload (36.00R51 Tires)||157 ton (US) (142 t)|
|Rated Gross Machine Weight (33.00R51 tires)||550000 lb (249476 kg)|
|Emissions Rating||Fuel Optimized|
|Rated Gross Machine Weight (36.00R51 tires)||564000 lb (255826 kg)|
|Chassis Weight (33.00R51 Tires)||186799 lb (84731 kg)|
|Chassis Weight (36.00R51 Tires)||193192 lb (87631 kg)|
|Body Weight||57779 lb (26208 kg)|
|Service Brakes||Four-Corner, Wet Disc, Oil Cooled, Hydraulically Actuated|
|Struck||72 m^3 / 94 yd^3|
|Type||Double reduction, planetary with full floating axles.|
|Type||Self-contained nitrogen/oil cylinders, pin-to-pin mounting, top & bottom double shear clevis attachments|
|Fuel Tank||410 gal (US) (1552 l)|
|Air Conditioning||HFC - 134A refrigerant: 24,500 Btu/h|
|Steer Angle||36 ° (36 °)|
|Type||Twin, two-stage hydraulic cylinders with snubbing valve.|
|Front Axle - Empty||48%|
|Height - Top of ROPS||17.09 ft (5208 mm)|
|Turning Diameter - ISO 7457:1997 (33.00R51 tires)||97.75 ft (29.8 m)|
|Heater / Defroster||33300 Btu/h (33300 Btu/h)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank||36 gal (US) (136 l)|
|Rear Axle - Empty||52%|
|Effective Cylinder Stroke - Front||12.6 in (320 mm)|
|Heaped (SAE 2:1)||99 m^3 / 129 yd^3|
|Front Wet Disc Brake Surface Area||9487 in² (61270 cm²)|
|Pump Flow - High Idle||192.7 gal/min (729.6 l/min)|
|Effective Cylinder Stroke - Rear||6.5 in (165 mm)|
|Rear - Wet Disc Brake Surface Area||13908 in² (89728 cm²)|
|Relief Valve Setting - Raise||2500 psi (17238 kPa)|
|Cooling System||100 gal (US) (379 l)|
|Rims||610 mm (24") Rims (standard). 660 mm (26") Rims (optional).|
|Front Axle - Loaded||33%|
|Steering Standards||ISO 5010:2007|
|Overall Body Length||39.32 ft (11985 mm)|
|Bore||6.7 in (170 mm)|
|Rear Axle - Loaded||67%|
|Note||The operator sound pressure level, 77 dB(A) with direct drive and 75 dB9A) with optional clutch, tested to ISO 6396:2008.|
|Body Raise Time - High Idle||15.2 s (15.2 s)|
|Inside Body Length||27.29 ft (8318 mm)|
|Crankcase||54 gal (US) (204 l)|
|Body Lower Time - Float High Idle||15.9 s (15.9 s)|
|Stroke||8.5 in (215 mm)|
|Overall Length||39.23 ft (11957 mm)|
|Total Reduction Ratio||22.75:1|
|ROPS Standards (1)||ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) meets ISO 3471:2008 for Operator and ISO 13459:2012 for Trainer.|
|Front Wheels - Each||8 gal (US) (30 l)|
|Standards||Service and Secondary: ISO 3450:2011|
|Parking Brake||Four corner, multi disk, spring applied, hydraulically released|
|Displacement||3573 in³ (58.56 l)|
|Wheel Base||17 ft (5180 mm)|
|Differential - Final Drives||139 gal (US) (527 l)|
|Body Lower Time - Float Low Idle||16.2 s (16.2 s)|
|FOPS Standards||FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) meets ISO 3449:2005 for Operator and ISO 13459:2012 Level II for Trainer.|
|Steering Tank||29 gal (US) (110 l)|
|Rear Axle - Tail||12.56 ft (3829 mm)|
|Note (1)||Net Power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with air intake system, exhaust system, and alternator.|
|Load Brake||Rear service brakes|
|Note (2)||U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage V available for applicable markets.|
|Ground Clearance||3.29 ft (1004 mm)|
|Steering System - Includes Tank||45 gal (US) (170 l)|
|Note (3)||Additional fuel optimized slectable power ratings: 1,450 hp|
|Dump Clearance||3.7 ft (1128 mm)|
|Brake/Hoist Tank||135 gal (US) (511 l)|
|Brake Hoist System - Includes Tank||160 gal (US) (606 l)|
|Loading Height - Empty||17.39 ft (5299 mm)|
|Body Power Down- High Idle||15.9 s (15.9 s)|
|Rear Sidewall Height||2.87 ft (874 mm)|
|Torque Converter - Transmission System - Including Sump||46 gal (US) (175 l)|
|Inside Body Depth - Maximum||9.15 ft (2790 mm)|
|Overall Height - Body Raised||39.48 ft (12032 mm)|
|Operating Width||24.72 ft (7535 mm)|
|Centerline Front Tire Width||15.91 ft (4850 mm)|
|Engine Guard Clearance||3.41 ft (1038 mm)|
|Overall Canopy Width||24.81 ft (7562 mm)|
|Outside Body Width||22 ft (6714 mm)|
|Inside Body Width||19.72 ft (6010 mm)|
|Front Canopy Height||19.8 ft (6035 mm)|
|Rear Axle - Clearance||3.25 ft (990 mm)|
|Centerline of Rear Dual Tire Width||14.06 ft (4285 mm)|
|Overall Tire Width||20.59 ft (6277 mm)|
|Forward - 1||7.5 mile/h (12.1 km/h)|
|Forward - 2||10.2 mile/h (16.3 km/h)|
|Forward - 3||13.8 mile/h (22.2 km/h)|
|Forward - 4||18.6 mile/h (29.9 km/h)|
|Forward - 5||25.2 mile/h (40.6 km/h)|
|Forward - 6||34 mile/h (54.8 km/h)|
|Reverse||6.8 mile/h (11 km/h)|
|Note||Weight distributions optimized with Cat body.|
|Note||Consult your local Cat dealer for body recommendations.|
|Note (1)||Consult your tire manufacturer for maximum tire load|
|Top Speed - Loaded||34 mile/h (54.8 km/h)|
|Note (1)||Quick Change Rims optional.|
|Rear axle - Oscillation||+/- 5 degrees|
|Note||Maximum travel speeds with standard 33.00-R51 tires.|
|Note (2)||Chassis weight with full fuel and fluids, standard & mandatory attachments, hoist, body mounting group, rims, and tires.|
|Note (2)||Caterpillar recommends the customer evaluate all job conditions and consult tire manufacturer for proper tire selection and TKPH (TMPH) capabilities.|
|Note (3)||Body weight varies depending on body selection and configuration.|
Benefits and Features
From slip-resistant surfaces and guard rails to state-of-the-art collision avoidance technologies, the Cat 785 is infused with features to help operators feel safe and confident on the job.
— Standard Cat® Detect system
— Enhanced traction control system
— LED lighting
— 600 mm (24 in) wide walkways
— Primary Access improved head clearance (2 m / 6.5 ft)
— Fully enclosed rotating components
— Multi-functional lockout tagout box
— LED berm light helps with awareness of work area at night
— Optional Working at Heights and Powered Access Stairway
Detect proximity detection system
Gives operators a better view of what's happening around their equipment and can combine cameras and radar into a true object detection system.
Driver Safety System
Optional in-cab technology that instantly detects and alerts operators the moment fatigue or distraction are identified - includes option to send events to a 24-hour monitoring center.
Up to 5% reduction in cycle times thanks to Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) with larger tire and higher horsepower options.
— Smoother and faster shifts
— Better acceleration and gear optimization
6% higher TKPH / TMPH (tonne-kilometer-per-hour / ton-mile-per-hour) thanks to larger tire options.
— With the 36R51 tire option, particularly flat long haul high speed applications can take advantage of higher payload and higher TKPH.
Like all Cat mechanical-drive trucks, the 785 features four-corner oil-cooled brakes and Automatic Retarding Control to improve handling and machine control so operators can work quickly and confidently.
Inside the next generation cab, guidance information, machine data and electronics controls are consolidated into two ergonomically positioned touch screens that help reduce fatigue, eliminate clutter and promote efficiency. The spacious new cab features a walk-through sliding center console, improved comfort and new cab air filtration system to create a more comfortable environment. The new deluxe seat boasts leather upholstery, air-adjustable bolsters and lumbar support, heated and cooled cushions, dynamic dampening, and a 30-degree recline with thigh tilt and extension, so it comfortably accommodates operators of all sizes.
Productive hauling begins with the operator, who sits in the new state-of-the-art cab, designed for efficiency and equipped with features that automate functions. The Next Generation 785 offers a new integrated speed coaching feature to give feedback on how to operate the truck most productively. Truck responsiveness and controllability are enhanced through multiple upgrades such as Anti-lock brake system, dynamic stability control (DSC), enhanced traction control, machine speed limiting, hill start assist with anti-rollback, and cruise control. Additionally, new Auto Hoist control reduces dumping time and unburdens the operator.
Options to fit your operation
The Next Gen 785 is powered by the proven Cat 3512E engine offering selectable power options, and also offers 33R51 and 36R51 tires options allowing operations to match the speed of the fleet or to speed up cycle times with more productivity and more payload. The truck is available in multiple emissions configurations to meet various regulatory needs around the world.
The individual components, software, systems and engine that go inside a Cat truck have different purposes, but they have one very important thing in common: They are all manufactured by Caterpillar and supported by the Cat dealer network.
This integration ensures that the entire truck — from body to bumper, engine to electronics — can be fully optimized to deliver the lowest cost per ton.
YOUR PARTNER FOR THE COMPLETE EQUIPMENT LIFECYCLE
No one knows more about how to get the most from a piece of Cat equipment than your local Cat dealer. This one-of-a-kind, on-the-ground support network delivers expert service, integrated solutions, after-sales support, fast and efficient parts fulfilment, world-class rebuild and remanufacturing capabilities, and more.
Cat dealers operate as nearly 200 local businesses — each one fully embedded in and committed to the geographic area it serves. That means you work with people you know, who know your business, and who respond on your timeframe.
MINING — FOR A — BETTER WORLD
Governments and regulatory agencies mandate that you establish and follow environmentally sound policies and practices as you meet the demand for mined materials. We're focused on doing our part to make sure our trucks help you meet those regulations.
UP TO 9% LESS FUEL CONSUMPTION WITH TIER 4 ENGINE.
We've designed the 785 with a number of enhancements that lessen its impact on the environment. Features like oil renewal systems, continuous rear axle filtration, extended life filters and longer maintenance intervals decrease the amount of waste contributed to the environment.
— The optional Tier 4 Final engine reduces NOx and particulate matter. And because they're more efficient, the 785s burn less fuel, and there is zero fuel burn during retarding.
We also continue to research alternative energy sources such as biofuels (B20) and a liquefied natural gas-supplied Dynamic Gas Blending solutions to find new ways to reduce emissions. In addition, we preserve raw materials, conserve energy and reduce emissions through the Cat Reman program, which returns end-of-life components to like-new condition.
The 785 is available in two options to meet the emissions regulations where you operate. The 785 is available in those countries that are less strictly regulated. The optional Tier 4 Final engine meets the strictest regulations.
BUILT TO BE REBUILT
Cat trucks are designed to last over 100,000 hours, and many are going well beyond that. The frame, powertrain, engine and components are built to be rebuilt — using new, remanufactured or rebuilt parts and components — so you can take advantage of multiple lives of like-new performance at a fraction-of-new price.
Contradicting a common belief that bigger is better, the 785 has a weight advantage over larger trucks so you can haul more with every load. The 785 maintains the same payload and same pass match as previous models, even with the Tier 4 Final / Stage V system installed.
The Truck Payload Monitoring System has been improved for next generation trucks to provide more accurate measurement, improved monitoring and an improved interface.
MORE POWER, LOWER COSTS
The 785 is powered by the 3512E engine, which delivers high power and reliability and contributes to overall lower operating costs. The 12-cylinder four-stroke design uses long, effective power strokes for more complete fuel combustion and optimum fuel efficiency.
The 23% net torque rise provides unequaled lugging force during acceleration, on steep grades and in rough underfoot conditions. High displacement, low rpm rating and conservative horsepower ratings mean more time on the haul roads and less time in the maintenance shop.
Lowering Total Fluid Consumption Cost
Improved 3512E engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards, and features the Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system that provides the least Total Fluid Consumption cost with greater reliability.
COMMAND FOR HAULING
This autonomous hauling solution helps improve productivity, efficiency and profitability while reducing overall costs.
What if your trucks could respond to calls to the shovel, move into position, haul to dump points and even report for maintenance — all without an operator on board? That's what Cat Command for hauling enables.
But this autonomous Cat MineStar solution is more than just an operator-free system. It takes advantage of the most sophisticated technologies available to deliver a next-generation haulage solution — one that boosts safety, productivity and availability on busy mine sites, especially those in difficult or remote locations. With autonomous hauling, the future is here — and we're there to help you bring it to your operation.
The new Cat 785 features enhanced connectivity with faster data transfer to improve access to information. Through a two-wire ethernet, machine components communicate faster and transfer more data. Every machine from the factory comes standard with Product Link™ cellular connectivity as well as an option to communicate through dual-mode cellular 4G/LTE and satellite, or local Wi-Fi networks . The new Cat Next Generation telematics platform makes it easier for more data collection and faster transmission to locally hosted or cloud-based applications, such as Cat MineStar™ Fleet, MineStar Edge through the Cat Next Generation telematics platform.
Cat® MineStar™ Solutions
Whether you want to address a single challenge or make step changes in the overall safety, efficiency and productivity of your surface operation, Cat® MineStar™ has a solution for you. MineStar is the mining industry's most comprehensive and thoroughly integrated suite of technology offerings.
Cat Fleet helps you identify opportunities to improve truck efficiency in ways that reduce costs, boost productivity and add real value to your bottom line.
— Eliminate Queuing
— Optimize Shift Changes
— Reduce Fuel Stops
With the MineStar Detect proximity detection system, you can equip your 785 with cameras to give your operators a better view of what's happening around their equipment — or combine cameras and radar into a true object detection system that automatically alerts operators to hazards.
You can even add satellite capabilities to provide proximity warnings and avoidance zones, seat-belt monitoring that encourages operators to buckle up, and in-cab systems that intervene when they detect fatigue or distraction.
Road Analysis Control (RAC)
Optional system monitors haul road conditions by measuring frame rack and pitch to improve haul road maintenance, cycle times, tire life and fuel efficiency.
GET THE RIGHT BODY FOR THE JOB
When it comes to truck bodies, one size does not fit all. And when it comes to your Cat truck, Cat bodies are the best choice. We follow a dynamic approach to engineering — treating the body as part of a system rather than a static structure. Cat bodies are designed to be an integral part of the entire vehicle system, ensuring you achieve maximum chassis life.
— They're sized to meet payload requirements without compromise to vehicle balance, braking or control.
— From the design to the materials, manufacturing to shipping, the entire process meets Cat standards of quality and control.
— The Caterpillar exclusive 10/10/20 payload guidelines help achieve a balance of excellent payload with safe operation.
LIGHTWEIGHT: MINE SPECIFIC DESIGN
— Standard MSD base body weight: 21 188 kg / 46,711 lb
— Standard MSD Volume (SAE 2:1) range: 99 - 115 m3(130 - 150 yd3)
— Optional application-specific body liners
— Built-in carryback reduction features (front wall curved transition and corner pop-out plates)
HEAVY DUTY: DUAL SLOPE
WITH 450 BHN BASE PLATE FOR IMPROVED IMPACT AND WEAR
— Standard Dual Slope base body weight 23 538 kg / 51,892 lb
— Standard Dual Slope Volume (SAE 2:1) 78 m3 /102 yd3
— Application-specific side wall and tail extensions
— Body exhaust heat
— 450 bhn base plates for improved impact and wear
— MSD and DS bodies compatible to all previous generation trucks
The ability to access and analyze accurate real-time data enables faster diagnostics and advances operations the ability to predict and prevent machine failure, improving truck availability. New remote flash and remote troubleshooting capabilities and optimize truck availability by providing immediate access to the latest software updates and making it possible to diagnose faults remotely. Through remote flash, software updates can be scheduled so as not to interrupt the production schedule without bringing the machine to the shop.
MORE TIME HAULING, LESS TIME SERVICING
— Extended interval filters with ground access
— Fluid level sight glasses
— Grouped service points
— New centralized service center option
— Extended coolant life (12,000 hours)
— Extended hydraulic and TC/transmission filter life (500 to 1,000 hours)
— Modular HVAC and radiator
— Cleaner hydraulic and electrical routings
— 100% airless electric start option
— S•O•S℠ and pressure ports for faster, safer oil sampling and troubleshooting
— Brake wear indicator allows planned maintenance
— Ground level filters with extended service intervals for faster, safer PMs
— Option to fully remove air system, which simplifies and reduces required maintenance
Modular systems improve serviceability
Modular HVAC system, modular radiator, improved ground level serviceability, oil sight glass, 1,000 hour hydraulic filter, and Tier 4 SCR system improves serviceability and reduces downtime.
- 24V electrical system, low maintenance batteries (2) 93 amp-hour
- Alarm, backup
- Brushless alternator, 225 amp
- Ground accessible power control box: Ethernet VIMS™ port and VIMS lamp; Engine starter; transmission and battery lockouts
- Jump start/battery charge receptacle
- LED payload indicator lamps
- LED Lighting system: Back-up and hazard lights, Curb lights, (one) RH side, (one) LH side, Turn signals (front and rear), Engine compartment lights, Headlights with low-high beam selector, Ladder light and service deck lights, Stop/tail lights
- Extended Life Coolant to — 35° C (— 30° F)
- 5V USB charging port
- 12V auxiliary power connection
- Cup holders
- Diagnostic connection port COM3 and Ethernet
- Delayed Engine Shutdown
- Dome courtesy light and map lights
- Entertainment radio ready: Speakers, Optional Antenna (AM/FM/WB/satellite radio), Radio mounting provisions and 12V power supply
- Fire suppression ready
- Floor mat, multi-piece & replaceable
- Gauges and indicators panel: Critical oil and coolant temperatures; Fuel and DEF level (if applicable); Engine system, brake and transmission fault indicators; Operator selectable max. machine speed by rotary dial; Speedometer, Tachometer
- Heated mirrors, right and left
- Hoist, body control (electric)
- Interactive touchscreen vehicle information display: Day/night mode; Action alarm; Quad gauge display
- Operator and trainer air suspension seats
- Operator Door Power Window
- Provision for customer accessory mounting
- Push button secure start
- Retractable front visor
- ROPS cab, insulated/sound suppressed
- Stairway and walkway access, 600 mm (24 in)
- Steering wheel, tiltable, telescopic
- Self-filling to windshield washer fluid from AC condensate
- Storage locations for operator gear
- Three point seat belt for operator seat
- Windshield wiper, intermittent control / washer
- Unitized hydraulic powered HVAC with automatic temperature control
- Ventilated operator seat
- 33R51 power train with standard rims
- Cat 3512E engine: Automatic engine and DEF thermal management (if applicable); Automatic low voltage idle management; Air cleaner with precleaner (two); Turbocharging (four) with air-to-air aftercooler; Mechanical Electronic Unit Injector (MEUI�-A) fuel system; Automatic starter protection; Automatic ether starting aid
- Hydraulic braking system: Automatic retarder control (ARC), adjustable and automatic; Brake release motor (towing); Engine over speed protection; Extended life brake disc material; Hill start assist/Anti roll back strategy; Oil-cooled, multi-disc (front and rear) � Service, retarding, parking, secondary; Park brake integrated with gear selector
- Transmission :Six-speed, automatic power shift with Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC); Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS); Body-up reverse neutralizer; Body-up shift inhibitor; Downshift/reverse shift inhibitor; Directional shift management; Enhanced Traction Control System; Programmable top gear; Oil level sensor; Neutral coast inhibitor; Neutral start switch; Lock-up torque converter; Rear axle continuous lubrication/filtration; Variable speed fan drive
- Auxiliary "buddy" dumping quick connect
- Auxiliary connection 'user defined shutdown'
- Auxiliary steering quick connect (towing)
- Fast fill fuel and DEF remote fill system
- Guards for rotating components
- Hill Start
- Hydraulic Filters, 1,000 hours
- Remote flash software and troubleshooting
- Secondary steering (automatic)
- Tie off points
- Tow hooks (front) and tow pin (rear)
- Turbine air starter with air tank, air horn and automatic lubrication system
- Sight glasses for hydraulic oils
- S•O•S℠ ports
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS)
- Cyber security
- Integrated object detection system with touchscreen display
- Tire Payload Monitoring System 2 (TPMS 2)
- Product Link™ Elite
- Auxiliary rear work lights, (one) LH side
- Digital Payload Display
- LED Lighting system: Additional lighting package, Auxiliary VIMS, Body rear, Seat & park brake
- No air – electric starter with 93-amp hour batteries (four), electric horn and automatic lubrication system
- Workshop horn
- MSD II body: 100 m3 (131 yd3)
- Dual slope body: 78 m3 (102 yd3)
- Body specific side wall and tail extensions
- Customizable body liner packages
- Body heat exhaust
- Rock ejectors
- Rear body lighting group: Directional signals, Stop/tail lights
- Extended Life Coolant to — 50° C (— 58° F)
- Emergency stop
- Deluxe Cab: Advanced cabin filtration system; Catwalk and handrails for rear cab access; Heated, cooled and ventilated front seat; Power right side window; Suspended companion seat; Storage tray
- Hydraulic braking system: Advanced ground control with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Transmission: Engine pre-lubrication system; Rear axle continuous lubrication/filtration with cooler
- 2560 L (676 gal) fuel tank (non-Tier 4)
- Body heat exhaust
- Bumper towing – center pin kit
- Cold weather start (block heater)
- Communication Ar – Minestar™ radio
- Fire extinguisher, portable
- Five piece crankcase guards
- Fuel heater, fuel water separator
- Fuel tank mud guard
- Gauge, brake wear indicator
- Ground accessible fluid service center, hydraulic and coolant
- Hub odometer, kilometers
- Powered access stairway
- Rim Diffuser
- Wheel chocks
- Wireless Electronic Technician (ET)
- Working at heights protection
- 360 degree surround view camera
- 4G cellular/satellite dual mode
- Connectivity bundle (includes: wireless operator ID, bluetooth key FOB to start)
- Cruise control
- Driver Safety System (DSS) 4.0 Ready
- Minestar GPS
- Minestar communication group (enables: Minestar Fleet, Aux, and Truck Spotting)
- Oil Renewal System (ORS)
- Road Analysis Control (RAC)