|Rated Load Capacity||6500 lb (2948 kg)|
|Maximum Lift Height||42 ft (12.8 m)|
|Engine Model||Cat® C3.6L|
|Operating Weight||22002 lb (9980 kg)|
|Gross Power - Basic||73.7 HP (55 kW)|
|Maximum Forward Reach||30 ft (9.1 m)|
|Top Travel Speed||19 mile/h (31 km/h)|
|Height||8 ft (2430 mm)|
|Width||8 ft (2470 mm)|
|Wheel Base||11.25 ft (3430 mm)|
|Length - Fork Face||18.5 ft (5639 mm)|
|Ground Clearance||17 in (432 mm)|
|Turning Radius - Over Tires||12 ft (3658 mm)|
|Standard||370/75-28 Duraforce Air|
|Optional (1)||370/75-28 Duraforce Foam Fill|
|Optional (2)||315/95-28 Telemaster Solid|
|Optional (3)||13.00-24 16PR Air|
|Optional (4)||13.00-24 12PR Foam|
|Optional (5)||370/75-28 Non-Marking Air|
|Optional||370/75-28 Non-Marking Foam|
|Fuel Tank||38.3 gal (US) (145 l)|
|Hydraulic System||42 gal (US) (158 l)|
|Boom Up||15 s (15 s)|
|Boom Down||10.3 s (10.3 s)|
|Tele In||9.5 s (9.5 s)|
|Tele Out||16.3 s (16.3 s)|
|Pallet Forks - Option 1|| 1220 mm, 60 mm × 125 mm ( 48 in, 2.36 in × 5 in)|
|Cubing Forks|| 1220 mm, 50 mm × 50 mm ( 48 in, 2 in × 2 in)|
|Carriages - Standard Tilt||50 in (1270 mm)|
|Capacity at Maximum Reach||700 lb (317 kg)|
|Pallet Forks - Option 2|| 1220 mm, 60 mm × 100 mm ( 48 in, 2.36 in × 4 in)|
|Carriages - Side Shift||50 in (1270 mm)|
|Carriages - Swing||100°, 1829 mm, 2948 kg Capacity, 2268 kg Swung (100°, 72 in, 6,500 lb Capacity, 5,000 lb Swung)|
|Lumber Forks - Option 1|| 1525 mm, 45 mm × 180 mm ( 60 in, 1.75 in × 7 in)|
|Pallet Forks - Option 3|| 1829 mm, 60 mm × 150 mm ( 72 in, 2.36 in × 6 in)|
|Type (1)||Trunnion mounted planetary 55 degree steer axles.|
|Carriages - Dual Fork Positioning||50 in (1270 mm)|
|Auxiliary Hydraulic Flow||18 gal/min (68 l/min)|
|Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure||3481 psi (240 bar)|
|Capacity at Maximum Height||6500 lb (2949 kg)|
|Service Brakes||Inboard wet disc brakes on front and rear axles|
|Parking Brakes||Wet disc, spring applied hydraulic release on front axle|
|Note||Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards.|
|Drawbar Pull - Loaded||20670 lbf (92 kN)|
|Turning Radius - Over Tires||12 ft (3.7 m)|
|Type (2)||High bias limited slip differential on front axle.|
Benefits and Features
Intuitive Control Layout
All day operator comfort and efficiency is ensured through our easier to use control layout.
Cab entry and exit is both easier and more convenient due to the well placed handholds.
The machine provides full operator security with OROPS or EROPS protection.
The TL-Series cab has improved visibility due to the use of advanced virtual design techniques.
The joystick allows three simultaneous boom functions enabling application customization for more than a dozen configurations.
Three simultaneous hydraulic functions are achieved using a full flow sharing hydraulic valve. A load sensing variable displacement pump allows full hydraulic power even at low revs.
The TL642 can pick and place bricks and materials to a maximum height of 42 ft. (12.8 m).
Job site obstacles present challenges demanding a machine to place loads at greater distances - the TL642 delivers.
The TL642 offers improved maneuverability, allowing it to work productively in confined areas.
The TL642 offers three steering modes (two wheel, crab and 4-wheel steer) to allow an operator to more easily position the machine. Steering modes are selected by a single three-position rocker switch. Steering position sensors are fitted as standard to all steering modes to be changed while moving.
Th TL642 features a Cat Power-shift transmission.
A manual IT coupler is standard on the TL-Series machines. For optimum versatility, all machines are equipped with the hydraulic quick coupler, allowing the operator to more easily change non-hydraulic work tools without leaving the cab.
Machines are equipped with Auxiliary Hydraulic services, allowing the use of hydraulically operated work tools. All TL-Series telehandlers are equipped with a single auxiliary hydraulic service and continuous hydraulic flow.
A wide range of work tools are available to meet most job site applications. Caterpillar Telehandler Work Tools extend the versatility of the machine. Built for performance and durability, these work tools deliver high productivity, long life and excellent value.
- General Purpose Bucket (1.0 m3/1.3 yd3)
- Light Materials Bucket (2.0 m3/2.6 yd3, 2.5 m3/3.25 yd3, 3.0 m3/3.90 yd3)
- Material Handling Bucket (1.5 m3/1.95 yd3, )
- Multi Purpose Bucket (1.0 m3/1.3 yd3)
- Grapple Bucket (0.85 m3/1.1 yd3)
- Fixed Carriage
- Rotate Carriage
- Sideshift Carriage
- Pallet Forks
- Block Forks
- Lift Hook
- Truss Boom
A wide range of tire options enables the machine to be configured to achieve optimum job site performance.
Ease of Access
Cost of ownership starts with ease of service. All Cat Telehandler service points are accessible and major components are at ground level due to overall machine design.
Routine daily maintenance is now reduced to checking fluid levels and a walkaround inspection.
Engine oil, filter changes and routine lubrication are now only required every 500 hours.
With the reduction in the number of filters and extended service intervals, operating costs are the lowest in the industry.
Equipment Protection Plan
Designed to enhance your telehandler ownership experience with comprehensive coverage and peace of mind.
All Cat Telehandler service points, including the combined transmission/hydraulic oil filter, are accessible and major components are at ground level due to the overall machine design. A cab mounted service point allows access to the fuel fill, hydraulic oil fill, washer bottle, fuse box and cab air filter for routine checks.
Make detailed comparisons before you buy. Your Cat Dealer can give you precise answers to your questions.
Look at the value that the TL642 telehandler will offer you. Consider all the flexible financing options your Cat Dealer offers as well as day-to-day operating costs.
Improving operating techniques can boost your profits. Your Cat Dealer has literature and other tools to help increase your productivity.
Repair, rebuild or replace? Your Cat Dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the right choice.
You will find high availability of parts at our Dealer parts counter. Cat Dealers utilize a worldwide computer network to find in-stock parts to minimize machine downtime. Additionally, Caterpillar offers a line of genuine remanufactured components which can help lower repair costs.
Your Cat Dealer can provide a financing package to meet your needs.
- Boom angle indicator
- Alternator, 60 amp, 12 volt
- Battery, 12 volt, 1000 CCA
- Alarm, backup
- Canopy, ROPS/FOPS
- Joystick, single electronic
- Adjustable joystick wristrest
- Low step, grab bars for easy entry
- Seat - vinyl, suspension with Cat logo
- Steering wheel spinner knob
- Floor mat - heavy duty
- Left side rear view mirror
- Service door, cab air intake filter, fuel fill, hydraulic fill, level indicator, fuse panel and washer fill
- Instruments - volt meter, hourmeter, engine oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge. All gauges protected by clear acrylic cover.
- Park Brake with indicator light
- Steering Wheel with Cat logo
- Cat keys and locks
- Brakes - wet disc service
- Engine,Cat® C3.6L (73.7 hp)
- Thermal starting aid
- Transmission, 4-speed forward, 3-speed reverse
- Cat filters, hoses and couplings
- Axles - Dana
- Steering - 4 wheel
- Parking brake with indicator light
- Drive - 4 wheel
- Chassis, frame level up to 10 degrees when operating in rough, uneven terrain
- Cat IT Coupler
- Coolant - Anti-freeze, 50/50 Mix
- Tires - 370/75-28 Duraforce Air
- Integrated lift and tie down points
- Standard Cat color paint
- Auxillary hydraulics for auxillary attachments (one function)
- Hydraulic IT Coupler (includes Auxiliary Electrics)
- Work Light Group: 2 Cab mounted headlights -- 2 forward, 1 rearward; 1 Reversing Light; 2 Boom Mounted Lights, 1 Rotating Beacon
- Engine heater block
- Heater - open cab
- Road Light Group -- Headlights, Brake Lights, Turn Signals
- Air conditioning
- Auxiliary hydraulics for Hydraulic Work Tools (one function)
- Single Joystick - with Rocker Switch
- EROPS - Cab Enclosure (Door, Safety Glass Windows, Front Windshield Wiper, Heater & Defroster Fan)
- Skylight Wiper
- Brick Guard - Top and front.
- Tires - 13.00-24 12PR Foam
- Tires - 13.00-24 16PR Air
- Tires - 370/75-28 Duraforce Foam Fill
- Tires - 370/75-28 Non-Marking Air
- Tires - 315/95-28 Telemaster Solid
- Tow Hook - Pintle Type
- Instant Hook - 4000 lb capacity, boom head mounted winch
- Artic package - Package includes: 2400 AMP starter, 1000 watt hydraulic reservoir heater, 500 watt engine oil-pan heater, Dual maintenance free, 1375 CCA gel cell batteries, 160 watt battery heating blanket, 1000 watt engine block heater.
- Access Work Platform - 8 ft x 4 ft; 1,000 maximum capacity (available from factory)
- Carriage - side shift, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Lifting Hook - fork mounted (available from factory)
- Truss Broom
- Carriage - standard tilt, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Carriage - wide tilt, 72 in. (available from factory)
- Carriage - standard rotate, 50 in. (available from factory)
- Carriage - swing, 72 in., 100 degrees, 6000 lb capacity, 5000 lb swung (available from factory)
- Pallet Forks - two 60 in, 2 in x 6 in, capacity per pair 6600 lb (available from factory)
- Pallet Forks - two 48 in, 2.36 in x 4 in, capacity per pair 6600 lb (available from factory)
- Cubing Forks - two 48 in, 2 in x 2 in, capacity per pair 3800 lb (available from factory)
- Bucket - General Purpose 1.3 Cu. Yd.
- Bucket - Material Handling 1.95 Cu. Yd.
- Bucket - Multi-Purpose, 1.3 Cu. Yd.