Occasionally you may need to return parts that you’ve purchased. When this happens, Western States Equipment Company will take the parts back and credit your account based on the return policy found below.
Eligibility for Return:
• Parts must be in new and sellable condition as determined by Western States Equipment Company.
• Parts must be accompanied by an invoice or packing list.
The following items will not be accepted for return:
• Parts not normally stocked by Western States with an extended value of less than $50.
• Parts removed from sealed packaging such as valves, seals, gaskets, etc.
• Any glass products.
• Any Electronic Control Modules (ECM’s) or any electronic part that has been removed from packaging or used/tested on a machine.
• Cut hose and made as ordered hose assemblies.
• Items replaced or discontinued.
• Any literature and software.
• Items removed from a machine or engine.
• Items incomplete, rusty, damaged, weathered, etc.
• Unidentifiable items.
• Filters, if past their expiration date.
• Any non-CAT part or special orders.
Restocking Fee Schedule:
If Western States Equipment Company stocks the item to be returned and the part is determined to be acceptable based on the above criteria, then the credit amount will be determined based on the following schedule:
• Parts returned within 30 days from the date of purchase – No restocking charge.
• Parts returned between 31 – 180 days – 20% restocking charge.
• Parts returned after 180 days will not be accepted.
If Western States Equipment Company does not stock the part to be returned and the part is determined to be acceptable based on the above criteria, then the credit amount will be determined based on the following schedule:
• Parts returned within 30 days from the date of purchase – 20% restocking charge.
• Parts returned after 30 days will not be accepted.
Caterpillar Remanufactured Cores:
• Must be returned within 60 days of purchase to receive a credit.
Western States’ Remanufactured Cores:
• Must be returned within 15 days of purchase, on original stands or in original packaging and must be “rebuildable” as determined exclusively by a Western States Equipment Company representative.
Waiver and Change of Policy
Waiver of this policy on any occasion does not constitute a waiver for any future purchases. Western States Equipment Company reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time without notice to purchasers.